New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    90% decided na kami on the new condo, i really want a house but the problem is i can't afford one right now that we really want. balak ko kasi pag bumili ako lupa lang tapos patatayuan ko ng sariling design para yung gusto na talaga namin. and yung lupang bibilin syempre sa magandang lugar, maayaos na lugar at gated village na ko bibili para safe lalo na madalas ako mag ibang bansa. i won't be able to afford that now but i can afford the new condo, and pa-rent ko ang current condo ko, after 3-5 years i can sell both condo and buy my own land and build my dream house.

anyway here's the advantage naman of the condo over a house:
    -free pool
    -free gym
    -security guard
    -24 hour maintenance
    -no brown outs
    -easy to maintain but expensive
    -no insects
    -right beside a mall which has everything including grocery store and everything else that we need(big plus for the wife)

ayaw ko na isispin ang mga disadvantage and yes i still prefer a house, but like i said if bibili ako ng bahay yung maganda at gusto ko na talaga para lifetime na yon ang bahay ko hangang sa tumanda na ko. for now condo na lang muna.

Just be sure that's there's no "gas line" nearby..........

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kulit niyo eh. house and lot kayo ng house and lot and TS knows na mas maganda pag H&L ang bibilhin niya but the thing is he still can't afford a nice house, kaya condo, so walang comparison na dapat H&L bilhin niya.

no brainer naman na H&L>condo. ano pang pinaguusapan?

dagdagan niyo na lang kaya yun pera niya para makabili na siya ng H&L.
    Last edited by shadow; November 10th, 2010 at 02:23 PM.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    pero usually nauuna ang car eh

hehe
    Oo nga, bakit kaya?

4. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    syempre i-qualify natin.
    > must have:
    House & Lot - If you have the money then go for it
    One Car

> nice to have:
    Additional car

> in the middle
    Condo - not likely a necessity

Syempre ikaw pa rin masusunod kung alin ang tinitibok ng bulsa mo.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by alainroyce View Post
    Oo nga, bakit kaya?
    portable status symbol

yan ang nakikita ng tao

di naman nakikita kung saan nakatira

hehe

7. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Mguy View Post
    Sir, parang impulse buying yan. Something that you should never do when spending a lot of cash like that. You should do more research. Check out other locations. Check other houses rin.

Problem with condos now is that most people who buy condos ay mga OFWs. So yun swimming pool and other amenities, maraming tumatambay na kamag-anak ng tenant. Tuloy, you would see a jeepney load of people swimming sa pool, parang ginawang Pansol tuloy.

I think that condos would cost 3-4M and specially sa iyo na big na family, you would get a 3 bedroom type. Houses would cost 5-6M. Ask your bank to recompute and see kung kaya pa ng finances mo.

As for the car naman, buy a practical and cheap car muna. Civic for you and Jazz for the wifey. Or go lower with Fiesta for you and I10 for the wifey.
    i've been checking lot for sale every once in a while pag walang ma gawa for 2 years now, pag may nakikita na gusto yon compute agad kung pasok sa budget at kaya mag patayo ng bahay pero di talaga pasok sa budget.

regarding the OFW naman, one of the reasons why i want to move my family from where i live right now. sobra dami kamag anak ng OFW dito binababoy yung condo, dami basura pakalat kalat tapos yung lobby ginagawang tambayan nila pati parking lot. tapos kung umasta pa kala mo kung sino. pero the new condo, i doubt they could afford to own one. there's a difference between being able to buy one and afford to own one. palagay ko kahit nga buy one lang di parin kaya ng regular OFW.

Quote Originally Posted by IMm29 View Post
    Between the two, nice house definitely. It's a long term investment. You still can't live in your car, even if you're on the road a lot.

As to the condo, for the price of a spacious unit, you can get a house and lot. But then, it's not just real estate size that you're after. That unit is probably in a metropolitan area, close to where you work, where your kids study and basically where your day to day activities are centered. And the house and lot (of the same price range, that is), is probably 10-20 kms away at least, via a paid highway even.

*foresterx,
    Congrats on your purchase. The condo is a good stepping stone for the house and lot. Of course if you could go directly to the house and lot, that would be better, but the condo's not a bad step.
    it's a lot further to my work but closer to my wife's work and every thing else. also magaganda ang mga school na malapit, so in the future pag mag aaral ng daugther ko another bonus for me.

to everyone else thanks for the help, i still have 2 weeks to decide pa naman since my flight to los angeles is tonight and i'll be there for 2 weeks. when i get back don pa lang ayusin lahat.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    kulit niyo eh. house and lot kayo ng house and lot and TS knows na mas maganda pag H&L ang bibilhin niya but the thing is he still can't afford a nice house, kaya condo, so walang comparison na dapat H&L bilhin niya.

no brainer naman na H&L>condo. ano pang pinaguusapan?

dagdagan niyo na lang kaya yun pera niya para makabili na siya ng H&L.
    i could buy a house and lot, yon nga lang not the one i like and not in the place where i want my family to live in. syempre if i'm going to spend that much money di don na sa gusto ko talaga and di ako mag sisi in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by alainroyce View Post
    Oo nga, bakit kaya?
    agree ako don, pero ako pag uwi ko sa pinas wala ako kotse bumili ako condo muna para may tirahan. yon 2 years nag cocomute lang bago naka bili ng auto.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    If you're having another baby, I'll advise that you save your money and find a place to rent near your work, and at a place where you and your family can find a comfortable place to live in. You'll probably need the savings more than anything for those little emergencies. Your cash flow is more important. If you really need a car, buy a 2nd hand.

Invest your savings in other things than property---stocks, mutual funds, businesses, etc. When you build your wealth, start buying land. Remember that houses and condos are NOT assets until you earn from it. You don't own it until its fully paid. The bank does.

I wouldn't know your earning capability but I suggest that you do the math on the price, the maintenance, the insurance, taxes, and all other costs before your plunge in.

The numbers may sober you both and you'll see things more objectively. Hope this helps.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Or Townhouse, at least may kapirasong lupa Pero mga townhouse sa New Manila, ang mamahal. 25 million to 30 million, Montgomery 15 million up, pero meron pa rin mga 5 to 10 million pag prime locations mahal talaga...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
nice house or nice car?