The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/nation/me...purchase-limit

[SIZE="4"]Some Metro gas stations imposing fuel purchase limit[/SIZE]
    abs-cbnNEWS.com
    Posted at 11/17/2010 12:52 AM | Updated as of 11/17/2010 12:52 AM

MANILA, Philippines - The problems in fuel deliveries due to the Batangas-Manila oil pipeline shutdown has caused gas stations in Metro Manila to implement measures including limiting the value of fuel a customer can purchase.

A Caltex gas station was found to have imposed a P1,000 limit on the fuel a customer can buy.

The station had just received a supply of fuel products – but instead of the normal 20,000 liters of fuel, only half was delivered. This, after it waited for 4 days to have its tanks refilled by a petroleum hauler from Batangas.

“Eh hinahati po ng ano… Marami tayong produkto, inaano lang ho natin para madalhan ho natin lahat, pare-parehas ng istasyon,” said Rodel Hidalgo, a tanker driver.

Aside from this, the gas station will now temporarily close at 10 p.m. instead of its usual 24-hour operation.

The management of the station said they have to implement these measures to try and make their limited supply of fuel last.

The measures, however, are also affecting the station’s employees who will have to make do with the limited work schedule.

“Dahil sa isang linggo po, 4 na araw na lang po ang pasok namin… Kasi dalawang shift nga lang kami, wala na kaming panggabi,” said Jona Mae Jimenez, the gas station’s cashier.

Other gas stations, however, are also being forced to close early since their fuel supply has already ran out.

A Shell gas station in Scout Tuazon in Quezon City was found to have temporarily closed its operation since it no longer has any diesel and gasoline to sell – even it was just supplied a day before.

“Due to the price increase… Nag-panic buying,” said Imelda Tolentino, the station’s supervisor, admitting that the hefty increase in pump prices implemented by oil companies on Tuesday added to their supply woes.

In another Shell gas station, the gas pumps for its Premium and V-Power products were found shut. It could only sell diesel and unleaded gasoline which were still available.

The Department of Energy admitted that it was not actually the fuel supply that is the problem but the deliveries.

“There is no fuel shortage, it’s not about the fuel, it’s about moving it to where it is needed,” said Energy Secretary Rene Almendras.

The energy department, however, could not estimate how long this problem in deliveries would take. They said that it would depend when the operations of the pipeline of the First Philippine Industrial Corp. which transports fuel from refineries in Batangas to Pandacan in Manila would resume. Gretchen Malalad with reports from Sheryl Mundo, ABS-CBN News
    http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/nation/me...purchase-limit

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    No choice, mukang sa Petron ang uwi nito... I hope they resolve this soon, I don't like Petron's fuel mababa mileage nakukuha ko doon...

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I've switched to buying from Total. Petron is having supply issues, itself. Since it's the only one of the big three not affected directly by the pipeline, supplies are running low since it's the default choice left to most motorists.

Reminds me... gotta fill my tank tonight. Sigh.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Taytay shell beside sm - Zero gas, diesel meron pa last monday not sure kung meron pa din diesel today.

Buksan na dapat yang FPIC pipe since naayos na yung leak and well invested ako sa FPH.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    I've switched to buying from Total. Petron is having supply issues, itself. Since it's the only one of the big three not affected directly by the pipeline, supplies are running low since it's the default choice left to most motorists.

Reminds me... gotta fill my tank tonight. Sigh.
    Not running on Auto-LPG lately?

6. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    nag pa-gas ako sa shell station beside s and r sa munoz, ubos na daw ang gas, diesel na lang. sinabihan ko pa ang boy na kung ubos ang gas, alisin nyo na ang ilaw sa gas prices nyo. iisipin kasi ng tao, meron silang gas. this was last sunday pa. buti na lang, a nearby shell station had gas (along congressional). all of the caltex stations that i passed by along congressional were closed. nakakapanic nga, lalo na kung ginagamit mo araw araw ang tsikot sa trabaho.

and this was before the price increase yesterday...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Not running on Auto-LPG lately?
    Hehe. Nice thing about dual fuel. When we were told to gas up as prices were to go up by P 2.00/L, my bro had to tank up his car and our extra car at a gas station several kms away.

I just went to Petron at the corner and put in P 250.00 worth of XCS to serve as my start-up juice on the LPG car.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Bago nga magtaas ng presyo napuna ko maagang nagsara Petron na malapit rito sa Location ko.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    taas na lang nila ng P5.00. dun din naman uwi nyan kasi xmas na. kung anu-ano alibi pa

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    All three(3) Shell Gas Stations in our area were shutdown for gasoline fuel last night (they still have diesel fuel though)... So, I filled-up at Caltex...

Looks like the consumers are not yet panicking as there was not a queue at Caltex....

11.3:snow:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
NEWS: Some Metro gas stations imposing fuel purchase limit