New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by EL Chicane View Post
    So parang Molotov Cocktail pala ang nangyari?

I think it was the resulting fire that killed him, not the explosion itself. That's my remote autopsy.
    yup, it probably was the fire that killed the guy.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by lazyfoot View Post
    the blast looks like it came from the front of the car. the gas tank of a car is at the back below the seat and it's designed to deflect the blast downward if ever. the only fuel up front is from the fuel line and the fuel filter, i doubt if it can cause that much explosion
    Contrary to what you see in the movies, car fuel tanks cannot explode without "extra" help from special effects. Even throwing in a lit match will not make it explode. Even shooting it with tracer bullets will not result in an explosion.

The location of the gas tank is usually at the middle of the car which gives it the best protection from impacts.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by EL Chicane View Post
    So parang Molotov Cocktail pala ang nangyari?

I think it was the resulting fire that killed him, not the explosion itself. That's my remote autopsy.
    CSI mode: ON

Given that the guy wasn't able to escape from the car, I think the explosion knocked him unconscious. The resulting fire didn't kill him, it was probably the smoke inhalation. Most fire victims die from that rather than the fire itself.

If the subsequent autopsy on his lungs reveals that it was blackened by soot, it would lend credence to my theory. He was still alive (but probably unconscious), and suffocated from smoke and lack of oxygen.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
    CSI mode: ON

Given that the guy wasn't able to escape from the car, I think the explosion knocked him unconscious. The resulting fire didn't kill him, it was probably the smoke inhalation. Most fire victims die from that rather than the fire itself.

If the subsequent autopsy on his lungs reveals that it was blackened by soot, it would lend credence to my theory. He was still alive (but probably unconscious), and suffocated from smoke and lack of oxygen.

I prefer to think that the explosion stunned the guy, letting the flames have enough time to finish the "job". Assuming the guy was still using his seat-belt, it would have prevented him from going anywhere while he was still in a "stunned" state.

The fire was inside the cabin of the car so fire would definitely would be the cause of death.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    [SIZE=3]UPDATED: December 15, 3:22 p.m.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]“We have ruled out [a] bomb explosion,” said City Police Chief Senior Superintendent Camilo Casolan, adding “…There [are] no lacerations on the body of the victim caused by sharpnel or high-velocity materials consequent to bomb explosions.” His statement was backed up by the initial findings of the Explosives and Ordinance Team in Taguig, reports the InquirER[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Nice work.. haha.. strike 2 na.. Una methane daw sa glorietta blast..[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Jorge Marco of Ayala Land speculates that electrical damage might have been the reason for the blast, according to ANC. Marco went on to reassure the public that the explosion did not cause any damage to the nearby Fully Booked store.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Electrical damage? isa pa 'to.. don't give us BS.. Please.. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Parang may news blackout yata.. May kinalaman ka ba mr marco?[/SIZE]

Puro mga walang kwentang reason, galing sa mga walang kwentang tao.. May pinoprotektahan silang iba, kaya yan.. gumawa ng walang kwentang palusot..

6. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    UPDATED: December 15, 3:22 p.m.

“We have ruled out [a] bomb explosion,” said City Police Chief Senior Superintendent Camilo Casolan, adding “…There [are] no lacerations on the body of the victim caused by sharpnel or high-velocity materials consequent to bomb explosions.” His statement was backed up by the initial findings of the Explosives and Ordinance Team in Taguig, reports the InquirER

Nice work.. haha.. strike 2 na.. Una methane daw sa glorietta blast..

Jorge Marco of Ayala Land speculates that electrical damage might have been the reason for the blast, according to ANC. Marco went on to reassure the public that the explosion did not cause any damage to the nearby Fully Booked store.

Electrical damage? isa pa 'to.. don't give us BS.. Please..

Parang may news blackout yata.. May kinalaman ka ba mr marco?

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    ^^ Electrical Failure ? Uhh... the driver should have noticed it and ran right away since it won't be flaring up instantly.

The lacquer thinner might have helped the fire to flare up in a short span of time, making the driver not to get out of the car on time.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    ^^ Electrical Failure ? Uhh... the driver should have noticed it and ran right away since it won't be flaring up instantly.

The lacquer thinner might have helped the fire to flare up in a short span of time, making the driver not to get out of the car on time.
    Precisely.. any electrical failure will manifest itself first with the strong smell of burning plastic.. Wirings are insulated, so any "grounded" wiring will generate enough heat to cause the insulation to melt and burn, and smoke its way into the cars cabin, and if the aircon is on, mas bibilis pa pagkalat ng usok sa loob.. I'd like to believe that thinner thing, but

1.) lacquer thinner also has strong vapors/smell
    2.) no one puts thinner in the passenger cabin, also because of reasons stated in item 1. Also, kung nabuksan na yung thinner, hindi na talaga airtight, so hindi na maipon yung presure sa loob ng container ng thinner. Mas magleak na din yun kahit maganda pagkareseal.. Mangangamoy din yun lalo,
    3.) The car looks like it was about to enter the premises of serendra or basically the car was running, so there was no accumulation of heat, kasi hindi nababad sa araw yung kotse, so the so called thinner shouldn't have exploded
    4.) walang taong magstay sa loob ng kotseng nakapark at nakababad sa araw, obviously, kasi in a few minutes, maging unbearable yung heat.

So much for the so called "investigators" and "authorities".. they should have used the same reason they used sa glorietta bombing.. Instead of coming up with B.S. findings sa investigation. i mean, both are lies, so why bother coming up with all these crap?

Comedy.. tragic comedy, thanks to the poeple involved sa investigation..

After all these, who do you plan to vote for president in 2010? hehe.. Automated dagdag bawas este voting na naman kaya mas madali na.. hehe
    Last edited by ffboy; December 18th, 2009 at 11:31 AM. Reason: additional information

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ffboy View Post
    [SIZE=3]UPDATED: December 15, 3:22 p.m.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]“We have ruled out [a] bomb explosion,” said City Police Chief Senior Superintendent Camilo Casolan, adding “…There [are] no lacerations on the body of the victim caused by sharpnel or high-velocity materials consequent to bomb explosions.” His statement was backed up by the initial findings of the Explosives and Ordinance Team in Taguig, reports the InquirER[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Nice work.. haha.. strike 2 na.. Una methane daw sa glorietta blast..[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Jorge Marco of Ayala Land speculates that electrical damage might have been the reason for the blast, according to ANC. Marco went on to reassure the public that the explosion did not cause any damage to the nearby Fully Booked store.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Electrical damage? isa pa 'to.. don't give us BS.. Please.. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Parang may news blackout yata.. May kinalaman ka ba mr marco?[/SIZE]

Puro mga walang kwentang reason, galing sa mga walang kwentang tao.. May pinoprotektahan silang iba, kaya yan.. gumawa ng walang kwentang palusot..
    Were you actually there?

My brother was there, and from what he said, it didn't seem to be a bomb blast. The car (before it burned up) looked pretty run down already, and the explosion happened inside the cabin. It's entirely possible that wiring caused the blast... or caused the fire that was prelude to the blast. I've witnessed incidents where cars that old simply went up in flames due to faulty wiring... even when the vehicle wasn't running!

A bomb would have been laced with metal and glass fragments to cause maximum shrapnel damage. Bomb-making 101. That nothing of the sort came out of the car belies the idea that it was a bomb.

-

Not everything is a conspiracy. Of course... when Ayala was positing the bomb theory at Glorietta... they wanted to shift the blame from their poor maintenance practices onto someone else, so that they wouldn't be made responsible for the damages to lives and property of those affected.

The Glorietta explosion didn't fit the MO of a bombing. No fragmentation devices, the explosion happened in the basement, not in the more crowded areas of the mall... and no terrorist groups took responsibility. Same here.

Is it so hard to believe the driver would have been (sorry to his family, but...) so foolish? Thinner fumes can have an effect on a person's ability to reason, and if he actually had an open can of thinner in there, stands to reason that he was probably slightly high on the fumes, already.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    oo nga wala naman kayo pa csi csi pa kayo. ang dami-dami puwede theories, pwedeng kakaboysen lang nya kaya may thinner na ang skin nya to begin with. eh pano ma-csi csi yun eh sunog na nga

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
NEWS: Blast rocks The Fort in Taguig