New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Probably this guy should try being placed in a barrel too...

Agents of the National Bureau of Investigation arrested a Filipino Chinese businessman for allegedly murdering his driver, ABS-CBN News reported Monday.

The NBI added that Alvin Benett Go was arrested for alleged illegal possession of firearms .

Go was identified by a lone witness as the one who shot and killed Romwel Alveonida.

The witness said that on September 22, a furious Go brought him and Alveonida to a warehouse after discovering that two of his truck's signal lights were missing.

“Pinapasok kami sa drum dalawa. Nakita ko binaril ni Benett si Alveonida sa batok para hindi raw magkalat ng dugo. Maswerte na lang may pumigil kay Benett at hindi ako nabaril dahil mapapakinabangan pa raw ako (We were told to pack ourselves inside a metal drum. I then saw Benett shoot Alveonida to the back of the head, because he said that shot would stem the flow of blood. I was lucky that someone stopped Benett from shooting me because I could become useful),” the witness said.

The following day, Alveonida’s body was discovered inside a drum in a creek in New Manila, Quezon City.

The witness said he mustered enough courage to tell Alveonida’s family about the incident, who in turn sought the help of the NBI.

“Parang hayop ang trato niyo sa kapatid ko (He treated my brother like an animal),” said Edilyn Suriben, Alveonida's sister.

The suspect denied the allegations, saying that he was not the one who killed his driver.

“Hindi ako [ang] bumaril. He-said, she-said lang iyan (I didn't shoot him. It's a case of 'he-said, she-said'),” Go said.

To verify the witness's claims, NBI agents went to the warehouse where the incident allegedly happened.

Operatives were able to recover an empty bullet casing and a drum similar to the one where the victim's body was stuffed.

NBI agents also seized an M-16 rifle inside a cabinet, a magazine on top of a shelf and ammunition from Go's home.

“Kakasuhan natin [siya] ng murder at illegal possession of firearms (We'll file murder and illegal possession of firearms against him),” said lawyer Lito Magno, chief of the NBI's Special Action Unit.
    abs-cbnnews.com

2. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    saw this on the news also. terrible crime over stolen tail lights on the company truck.

did the nbi serve an arrest warrant? they didn't say anything on tv nor on the article below. if they're not careful of the procedures, all the evidence they gathered can be tossed out as illegally acquired.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Pinakita ba yung face ng tsinoy sa TV?

NBI nabs Tsinoy trader for murder, gun raps