New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    IIRC
    water change depends mainly sa toxicity nung tubig. kung di maganda chemical filtering ng system mo, medyo mas madalas. may mga kit din sa mga petshops na all in one test strips for ph, nitrates, etc., etc.
    changing water more often or drastically (say 75% in one go) than necessary could be dangerous too kasi lalo kung na-break in na yung filter mo, at established na yung filter media mo.
    IMHO

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by B2Bomber View Post
    IIRC
    water change depends mainly sa toxicity nung tubig. kung di maganda chemical filtering ng system mo, medyo mas madalas. may mga kit din sa mga petshops na all in one test strips for ph, nitrates, etc., etc.
    changing water more often or drastically (say 75% in one go) than necessary could be dangerous too kasi lalo kung na-break in na yung filter mo, at established na yung filter media mo.
    IMHO

I beg to disagree with this, changing water everyday about 10%-20% is good for the fishes, kung once a week ka magpalit kung 75% naman talagang mamatay yun fish, chaging water dapat huwag lagpas ng 50% better kung 40% lang

3. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    I beg to disagree with this, changing water everyday about 10%-20% is good for the fishes, kung once a week ka magpalit kung 75% naman talagang mamatay yun fish, chaging water dapat huwag lagpas ng 50% better kung 40% lang
    I never said change 75% of the water every week... let me break my "or" statement into 2 separate statements to be clear.
    Quote Originally Posted by B2Bomber
    changing water more often...than necessary could be dangerous too...
    or
    Quote Originally Posted by B2Bomber
    ...changing water ...drastically (say 75% in one go) ...could be dangerous too...

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    Mge peeps, pwede ba ihalo ang australian aro at longnose gar at knife fish? Parang bagay kasi kaso may nabasa ko na yung gar daw tinotopak baka biglang bumigwas sa aro...
    lahat pala sila 3-4 inches

5. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    I used to have almost 100 adult discus which i accumulated from 3 years of going to different breeders. Snakeskins, Blue Diamonds, etc. I raised them from fry that i would buy from breeders since that was what i considered reasonable.
    I would normally prepare my own beefheart recipe and supplement it with frozen bloodworms. The only disaster i had with taking care of discus occurred when the Chinese made heater i bought electrocuted so of them so i decided to only buy German made heaters.
    However, when i started to become busy at work, i left the care to our maids but they were quite lazy and careless resulting in overfeeding and dirty water. Also, since my tanks were in the dining room, my dad had a weird habit of always insisting on closing the lights all the time. I normally left the lights on for an hour to make sure that the fish finished all of the scraps left. Since i couldn't find a workable situation with the maids and my dad, i eventually just lost interest and they all died. I only have the tanks, the books and equipment left to remind of them.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    I have been a fish hobbyist before. I had kept freshwater fishes ( assorted, pure goldfish tanks (even bred goldfish), pure discus tanks, saltwater and even coral reef tanks).I got diff sizez of aquariums and my largest is a 100 gallons one measuring 6 feet in length. The key is not to overcrowd your tank and plant plenty of water plants. as long as hindi overcrowded ang tank, ok lang kahit mga-brownout or even walang filter or powerhead (except for coral reef tank) coz the oxygen content of the water will be enough for the number of fishes plus the plants will also give off oxygen.ang puurpose lang naman ng aeration is to keep the surface of the water moving so there will be exchange of air. there are some fish hobbyist in other countries who advocate natural fish tank without any artificial filter.nun nasunugan nga kami and we had to vacate the house for 1 month, 1 month din walang kuryente but buhay pa din ang mga fishes ko

7. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Originally posted by oliver1013
    oliver1013Mge peeps, pwede ba ihalo ang australian aro at longnose gar at knife fish? Parang bagay kasi kaso may nabasa ko na yung gar daw tinotopak baka biglang bumigwas sa aro...
    lahat pala sila 3-4 inches

Oliver1013, IMHO pwede naman ito but please take into consideration the following:

1.) The Longnose Gar has very sharp teeth. You run the risk of getting your Australian Arowana injured either unintentionally (during feeding) or intentionally (the gar has a tendency to get aggressive as it grows bigger). In an aquarium, even a small wound has the potential to cause life-threatening infections. Too risky, mamahalin pa naman yung ganyang klase ng arowana.

2.) If you want to keep all of them happy you’ll eventually need a 100-gallon aquarium for these 3 brutes (they all grow fast), and the corresponding expensive filtration for these messy carnivores. And as they grow bigger, so does your budget for their food.

3.) The Knife Fish is by nature a nocturnal species, so as the day ends and your Arowana starts to rest, the Knife fish’ day is only starting. Sooner or later this could stress your arowana—and a stressed fish is prone to disease. Too risky.

If you really want to try this set-up I suggest you just get a Silver Arowana, at least it’s a relatively more hardy species, it’s cheaper, and it’s also a beautiful fish.

Happy fishkeeping.

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    Thanks fullthrottle...mukha ngang kailangan ko kumuha ng isa pang aquarium just to be in the safe side.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    masyadong maliit ang 100 gallon for aro plus meron ka pang tankmates, besides masyadong aggresive ang australian aro, so I doubt it kung pwede mong lagyan ng tankmates, if I were you kung talagang decided ka na mag aro, if you can afford an RTG, yun na lang kunin mo, kasi same time and effort din ang gagawin mo, if masyadong mahal mag green aro ka, and buy a new tank the minimum size should be 5'x2'x2' (LxWxH) mas maganda yun width is 2.5', angimportante sa ro is yun width ng tank dahil pag makitid mahihirapan lumiko pag lumaki na, especially mga silver aro sobrang haba sila, yun 100 gallon mo kasi ok yun lenght which is 6', pero ang wodth nun is 18" lang bitin yun sa aro....

10. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    pero kung 6" lang aro mo wag muna sa malaki masyadong tank, kadalasan natatakot ang small aro sa sobrang laking swimming space at maging stressed sila. pag mga 12" na dun mo ilipat sa 150G or bigger tank.

My fishes are dead...