New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    yup..thats what i do..it helps nga..pero shempre iba talaga ang m/t..

2. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    iba talaga ang m/t sa a/t pero if u have an a/t car... try to be light on the gas pedal and it will give u a good mileage. i think a/t trannys can also shift at around 2k rpm with a light foot.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    yup, my car does usually shift at around 2k..basta kelangan talaga dahan dahan sa gas peal

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    i tried rav4 sa long drive fron tarlac 2 manila with rounds in manila, nakauwi pako tarlac sobra pa gas, so i could say medyo matipid, but bago pa lang so i cant say more yet

5. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    keep the light foot on A/Ts. From what I know, in theory, A/t's are supposed to be more efficient.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    ATs are only more efficient on the highway, because their Overdrive gear is usually longer than the fifth gear on a manual. In stop and go traffic, they suffer because of the weight of the transmission and torque converter. The new CVTs are more energy efficient.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    in city driving especially during traffic hours, in most probability one can only manage 40-60 kph. in which case, you're at a low gear which translates to higher fuel consumption. dito advantageous and mga A/T in terms of comfort kahit na hindi sa fuel economy

8. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    yup!! m/t becomes to much of a hassle in traffic..

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
the most economical speed on philippine roads...