New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    Finding work above minimum wage is very hard, you need someone to sponsor you there.
    It won't be easy for the first generation immigrant, but their children will have a better future.

Ingat lang sa white supremacists.

Car Mows Down Anti-Racism Protesters in Charlottesville; One Dead, Dozen Injured | The Daily Beast

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mon-tue-wed-thu-fri work work work.
    sat laundry, clean house, groceries, anticipated mass because you know tomorrow you will not have time
    sunday cook everything you will eat on mon-tue-wed-thu-fri. sleep early.
    repeat.

unless you have a job waiting for you that has good pay. 19 years ago when i was there it was $60k per year to be middle class. baka $100-120k na ngayon.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    sat laundry, clean house, groceries, anticipated mass because you know tomorrow you will not have time
    repeat.

unless you have a job waiting for you that has good pay. 19 years ago when i was there it was $60k per year to be middle class. baka $100-120k na ngayon.
    But I guess that's the same routine for people here who don't have helpers?

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    repeat.

That's not our routine. Most people work their 8 hours and go home at 4 or 5 PM. Commutes take 15-20 minutes and are usually stress-free. There's light outside until more or less 8 PM, longer if farther north. We get groceries done once or twice a month which can be any day of the week.

Laundry and cleaning house gets done when we get home. It's not like we're tired or anything. Far from it. The majority of clothes are permanent press. While the clothes are in the washing machine and dryer, the wife prepares a meal in the kitchen. Or, if she's not in the mood to cook, she orders delivery.

The majority of house cleaning involve the bathrooms, vacuuming the carpet, or dusting furniture plus a wet mop for non-carpeted surfaces. An hour's worth of cleaning, tops.

That's why my wife resumed taking night classes. She feels she has too much free time during evenings.

Saturday? I do yard work while the wife and kids go to the mall. No point in going with them because I get bored with their girly stuff. On the way home, they go to evening Mass. That way, they can shop again uninterrupted all day Sunday.

My yard work is usually early morning and late afternoon. In between is normally too hot. I spend my time indoors getting class work done or indulging in PC games. Or, I just chill out and watch sports on TV.

I hit the gym on base right after work and shower there too. I also take classes several days a week.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; August 14th, 2017 at 01:58 AM.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    What would be the ideal average gross pay (before tax) in order to live a comfortable life (with mortgage on a 2 to 3 BR house, and a car)? Is $100k p.a. considered middle income earner in the US?

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamur View Post
    What would be the ideal average gross pay (before tax) in order to live a comfortable life (with mortgage on a 2 to 3 BR house, and a car)? Is $100k p.a. considered middle income earner in the US?

Global Rich List

This could be a good tool, bro.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamur View Post
    Good question. I've seen retirees who own a house in our neighborhood and has say, a Honda CR-V.

They don't work. They live off their retirement pension and perhaps Social Security (~$700/mo).

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    Good question. I've seen retirees who own a house in our neighborhood and has say, a Honda CR-V.

They don't work. They live off their retirement pension and perhaps Social Security (~$700/mo).
    Sounds like $1000 is too low considering a mortgage on the house and car. $700 is just enough to pay for rent in fact. Of course the state matter.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002

2 persons, no rent or mortgage, car fully paid, medical costs all provided by social security/military. hope they don't get a flat tire.

pero for a young family of 4, 22 years ago "poor" was $1200/month (i'm not guessing, i saw this on the news in 1995 in Illinois kaya nga nasabi ko sa uncle ko "uy di pala ako poor" to which my aunt replied "and you are single not married with 2 kids"). they need milk, they are renting, have car payments, etc. maganda pag nasa military at least di na nila iisipin ang medical insurance.
    Last edited by yebo; August 14th, 2017 at 08:45 AM.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008

I'd probably still work as a greeter or something at a local Walmart. Do they still have those?

Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast