New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    you just provided the answer to your problem gh, plan! we always have at least 4 of those shopping bags in our cars. si misis also has one neatly folded in her hand bag.

and then there is always the carton box. waltermart, cherry and super8 provide them for free. SM wala, so we don't shop at SM hypermarket anymore unless it will all fit in the reusable bags.
    Sa SM na groceries pag ang nabili mo eh 500+ matic bentahan ka nila nang plastic pag ala kang ecobag. No problem carrying an eco-bag with me like CVT laging may dalang collapsible bag na kasya sa bag nya. Pag kasama pa mother-in-law ko kasya 3 eco bag sa likod ng wheelchair.

SaveMore eksena last month bumili kami ng pamangkin ko ng 5 plastic ng tube ice. tanong agad yung cashier kung may Advantage card at eco-bag nung sumagot ako na wala nagtanong ulit "sir, i-pplastic" sumagot yung batang kasama ko (12yrs. old) sige misis pakilagay sa paper bag!!! may kasama pang ismid kasi may pagka beki

2. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Just dont forget to wash your reusable bags.
    http://www.theblaze.com/stories/scie...-shopping-bag/

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by potpot2 View Post
    That is one plus for disposable plastic bags. They are inherently sterile. Free of any bacteria due to its manufacturing process.

From the article...
    Oregon study follows a 2010 paper by researchers at the University of Arizona and Loma Linda University that found large numbers of bacteria in reusable grocery bags, including 12 percent that were contaminated with E. coli,” Aleccia, “When scientists stored the bags in the trunks of cars for two hours, the number of bacteria jumped 10-fold.”
    ... so reusable shopping bags can increase your chances in getting sick.

So who here washes their reusable shopping bags?
    Last edited by ghosthunter; November 13th, 2012 at 11:16 PM.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Plastic, mas praktikal.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Upping this thread...

How has the plastics ban affected you?

Personally, I hate shopping and ending up carrying a paper bag with the item(s) I have bought. And the paper bag simply ends up straight in the garbage. Ironic because I always store plastic shopping bags for later re-use.

Next up will be your drinking straws... start saying bye-bye to plastic bendy straws and hello to soggy paper straws that leak and get soggy as you drink your beverage.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by potpot2 View Post
    ironic, that going "green" with re-usable shopping bags, you & your love ones end up getting more sick...

7. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Upping this thread...

How has the plastics ban affected you?

Personally, I hate shopping and ending up carrying a paper bag with the item(s) I have bought. And the paper bag simply ends up straight in the garbage. Ironic because I always store plastic shopping bags for later re-use.

Next up will be your drinking straws... start saying bye-bye to plastic bendy straws and hello to soggy paper straws that leak and get soggy as you drink your beverage.

For me pumabor lang ito sa mall / grocery owner.

Ganun din eh? you opted to choose plastic pa din

ang ending you will pay for it pa.

tapos sa labas andami pa din gumagamit ng plastic, palengke carinderia etc.

nadefeat din yun purpose.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    A simple example...

My friend bought a couple of burger meal combos with drinks for take-out. Due to the ban on plastic bags, everything was bagged in paper bags. Due to the cold drinks, the softdrink cups were wet and the drips made the paper bag wet and eventually tore through, spilling out the bag's contents onto the floor.

So much for progress in the simple shopping bag. One step forward, two steps back.

Perfect example of the "Pinoy" way of doing things. Lack of discipline from the "masa" throwing out garbage into the esteros and rivers? Ban it! ... except that it does not really solve the first problem of the poor people dumping garbage in the esteros and rivers, does it?

9. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    ang nakakaasar lang sa drive thru bawal daw plastic kaya wala straw pero yung lagayan ng drinks plastic naman hahaha nakakalito

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by reactor View Post
    ang nakakaasar lang sa drive thru bawal daw plastic kaya wala straw pero yung lagayan ng drinks plastic naman hahaha nakakalito
    sa Ortigas ganito. happened to me na several times, nag drive thru tapos order ng Coke float. wala daw straw kasi friday :hammer: dapat bumili ng paper straw yung fast food chain. pero useless parin paper straw. after 30 mins, saggy na