New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i was in 1st year college that time, going home riding the LRT. bigla na lang tumigil yung train and while it was really shaking hard, we were not allowed to go out.

nung nawala yung mga shakes, hindi na makatakbo yung train dahil brown out... we ended up walking at the sides of the tracks between vito cruz and buendia.

pero tuloy pa din ako sunduin yung shota ko sa st. scho. sabay na lang kami umuwi... hehehehe. kaya ibang lindol ang nangyari. hehehehe.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    and when the reporter was asking the girl kung masakit ba? or was it anong nararamdaman niya?
    naalala ko to. how intelligent!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I was in college. Computer room in LS building at DLSU. I first thought it was the LRT passing by when the quake first started. As it got stronger, these words passed through my mind, "that is a god damned big train passing by". Obviously I knew it was a quake but I didn't know how strong it was until classes were dismissed for the day and I got to the car to hear the news on the radio.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    I was in Baguio when it happened.

My sister took my son from school earlier, for a sleepover at my mom's house ... so my wife and I decided to take the risk and go there just moments after the big quake. The first landslide that blocked our way was at St. Vincent's, so we had to walk from there. That was also the place where I saw the first bodies laid down on the pavement. At first I thought they were only injured until I noticed the bodies were very pale. I was so preoccupied thinking about our son - but when I saw the dead bodies I realized then that people all around were crying.

Burnham Park was already full of people when we got there. We were on our way to Aurora Hill but Magsaysay was blocked by a toppled building so we decided to take Gen. Luna and on to upper Bonifacio Road. The next scene I saw at the old Girls' High School really sank my heart ... rows of dead people, most of them students from UB. Some of the bodies were still being lowered down the ruins of the school, so I knew there were more to come. I remember thinking at that moment the pain and sorrow the families of those students will go through ... such a lot of young lives lost in a few seconds.

It was already 6PM when we finally got to Aurora Hill. My son, who was then 5 years old, was traumatized by everything that happened and made us promise never to leave him again. We were lucky that day. Our houses were still intact and nobody I knew got hurt ... but that didn't mean it was painless for us. I feel sorry for all the victims, their relatives and everybody else who were affected by the quake.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I remembered nasa tutor ako nun. Kinder I pa lang ata ako nun or Kinder II. Definitely hindi pa ako elementary. Wala labas kami ng bahay ng tutor ko...

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by StraightSix View Post
    I was in Baguio when it happened.

My sister took my son from school earlier, for a sleepover at my mom's house ... so my wife and I decided to take the risk and go there just moments after the big quake. The first landslide that blocked our way was at St. Vincent's, so we had to walk from there. That was also the place where I saw the first bodies laid down on the pavement. At first I thought they were only injured until I noticed the bodies were very pale. I was so preoccupied thinking about our son - but when I saw the dead bodies I realized then that people all around were crying.

Burnham Park was already full of people when we got there. We were on our way to Aurora Hill but Magsaysay was blocked by a toppled building so we decided to take Gen. Luna and on to upper Bonifacio Road. The next scene I saw at the old Girls' High School really sank my heart ... rows of dead people, most of them students from UB. Some of the bodies were still being lowered down the ruins of the school, so I knew there were more to come. I remember thinking at that moment the pain and sorrow the families of those students will go through ... such a lot of young lives lost in a few seconds.

It was already 6PM when we finally got to Aurora Hill. My son, who was then 5 years old, was traumatized by everything that happened and made us promise never to leave him again. We were lucky that day. Our houses were still intact and nobody I knew got hurt ... but that didn't mean it was painless for us. I feel sorry for all the victims, their relatives and everybody else who were affected by the quake.
    having lived in baguio for a few years before the big quake.....i still remember a dear old friend who has a ford fiera w/c was literally stacked with bodies for transporting to la union for embalming since baguio was so already stressed with so much injured people. his words were "kahit saan ka lumingon, amoy patay talaga"

i also remember visiting my kumpare in a tarlac hospital for treatment of broken ribs....he was driving along naguilian road when it struck....during the quake he stopped his pick up truck and ran uphill thinking that it would be safer to avoid falling rocks rolling down. but as fate would have it, he caught a falling rock literally.....and 2 of his workers who ran downhill were saved by the rocks because my kumapre's pick up truck acted as a barrier.

well its been 19 abnormal years already, since we have been visited by a big one.......i dread the thought of an intensity 8 just around the bend.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
[Merged]that fateful day 19 years ago....