New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    ^^^ used oil ba ika mo? alam ko epektib yan sa bahay ng anay pero pwede rin sa doggie siguro kaya lang masyado messy ang paglinis after lalo't hindi askals.

another natural method is yung dahon ng kakawate, diktik then rub it to dog's skin for 1 hour, laglag ang mga pesteng garapata. sa probinsya ito ang gawa pero kung andyan pa rin ang host madaling makakabalik. dapat yung host ang unahin

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by aga_cruz View Post
    wala ata sumuport sa suggestion ko? hhhhmmmmm.....
    Hahaha medyo "dirty" work. Pwede siguro pag may boy or helper dun na lang ipagawa

3. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    sir sa mga gasoline station ung mga use oil nila paniguraduhan tangal ang garapata ng aso mo
    wala ata sumuport sa suggestion ko? hhhhmmmmm.....
    Sir agz, nabasa ko siya...kaya lang medyo messy..wawa naman si asogar. tapos, katawatawa ang hitsura niya. baka sabay ng pagkawala ng garapata niya sabay din magbago name ni dog.wehehehe

:rofl:

4. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by XTO View Post
    another natural method is yung dahon ng kakawate, diktik then rub it to dog's skin for 1 hour, laglag ang mga pesteng garapata. sa probinsya ito ang gawa pero kung andyan pa rin ang host madaling makakabalik. dapat yung host ang unahin
    quack doc in the house? or alternative vet med in the house?

kidding aside, pwed cguro injection so the flea could take in the med when it sucks the blood...and kakawate sa pagligo.

btw, what's kakawate in English? bisaya here, Sir.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    My dog has the same problem. Just this afternoon the vet came over to visit. Tomorrow he'll give my dog an anti flea spray. I think the name is frontline.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ab_initio View Post
    quack doc in the house? or alternative vet med in the house?

kidding aside, pwed cguro injection so the flea could take in the med when it sucks the blood...and kakawate sa pagligo.

btw, what's kakawate in English? bisaya here, Sir.
    Kakawate
    Gliricidia sepium
    MADRE CACAO

Botany
    Smooth, deciduous tree, 3 to 10 meters high.
    Leavesw are opposite, oblong-ovate, 4-6 cm long with a pointed tip and rounded base.
    Flowers are pink, 2 cm long, with a truncate calyx.
    The pods are narrow, oblong to oblanceolate, 10 t 14 cm longs, 2 cm wide, containing 6 to 8 seeds.

Distribution
    The tree is common in the southern Tagalog areas,
    shedding leaves around December and flowering February
    and March.

Parts utilized
    Leaves, bark, roots.

Constituents
    Leaves: coumarin

Uses
    Folkloric
    Dermatitis, skin itching: Apply juice or decoction of leaves, bark or roots on the skin as antipruritic.
    Fresh leaves applied to the skin as insect repellant.
    As counterirritant: Crush leaves and apply as poultice for rheumatic pains, sprains and closed fractures.
    Sap of bark, leaves and roots have been used for wound healing.
    Treatment of scabies.
    Studies
    • Potential as anti-pseudomonas drug: Crude extract of Gliricidium sepium showed potential antipseudomonas drug potential with an in vitro study showing a minimum inhibitory concentration at 1%.
    • Clinical Trail on the Effectiveness of Gliricidia sepium (kakawati) in Treating Patients with Scabies: the study concluded that the "kakawati" preparation is as effective as sulfur lotion in the treatment of scabies.
    Others
    Wood is hard and durable used for small housing needs, posts, implement handles and firewood.
    Leaves have a fetid smell; crushed, used to rid dogs of fleas and ticks and cattle, of ticks.

Preparation for scabies treatment:
    Ingredients:
    1. White candelsticks (4)
    2. Coconut oil or any cooking oil: 500 cc
    3. Kakawati leaves 250 g
    Instructions:
    1. Clean kakawati leaves thoroughly
    2. Chop leaves finely
    3. Add 250 g (approximately 1 glass) of finely chopped leaves into 2 glasses of coconut oil.
    4. Mix while boiling.
    5. Gather leaves on the surface of the oil, then drain using a strainer.
    6. Get 4 white candles ('esperma") and chop finely.
    7. Add to the boiled preparation and mix until all chopped candles are melted.
    8. Again, using a strainer, drain and transfer mixture into a clean glass container. Let it cool.

Availability
    Wild-crafted.
    http://www.stuartxchange.com/Kakawati.html

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    My dog has the same problem. Just this afternoon the vet came over to visit. Tomorrow he'll give my dog an anti flea spray. I think the name is frontline.
    ok yang frontline, though what am I using is yung spot-on. for 3 months safe na sa flea yung dog mo for sure tapos maintenance na lang.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Where did you buy frontline? I've been looking for it everywhere. Mas mahal kasi pag sa vet binili.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Pa-vet monalang para sigurado.they will inject anti flea/scabies and add monarin de-worm and anti leptospirosis. wipe out yan sigurado..then maintenance nalang ng spray as topical. Wagmo pabayaan lumaki garapata, once na naging butete sigurado manganganak na yun ng libolibo. Used oil -hndi ba toxic yun esp synthetic?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    Where did you buy frontline? I've been looking for it everywhere. Mas mahal kasi pag sa vet binili.
    its been awhile nung last na bili ko, pero sa may hobbies of asia ako bumibili or don sa isang petshop sa gilid ng moa.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
May GARAPATA aso ko!!!