New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Haha, naging controversial si Jun...

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 17 (10 members and 7 guests) flagg, Altis6453, A121, niky, mazdamazda, dxx_ddf, theveed, mayana, Galactus, Laser_Ramon

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    As always, Attorney Niky is right on the money with regards to this matter. +1 on all his comments especially on Jun's point also.

As I've been saying, we can make our point without resorting to name-calling or stooping down to their level. Yes - what she said was really wrong & insulting - but does someone deserve death threats over that?

If we are so deeply offended when she called some OFWs smelling like Axe then why retort with a deeper insult by calling her a "pig" or whatever just because of her physical appearance? IMO - she was insulting the behavior of OFWs, not their physical appearance and yet she was insulted back due to her physical appearance.

Some of us maybe emboldened with the using those kind of words since we are hiding behind an anonymous username that we can hange/abandon/disown anytime. Some of us maybe emboldened with use those kind of words due to the bandwagon & snowball effect against Malu.

But as with the other controversial thread a month ago, this might backfire on some people unwittingly just because of the association with Tsikot.com as a whole. Not all of us have the luxury of online anonymity.

Again, watch your comments guys & gals. We are not suppressing your freedom to speech but please watch your language.

:police:
    Last edited by mazdamazda; August 24th, 2007 at 04:32 PM. Reason: grammar

3. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    ehehe, nag-aalab parin ang damdamin ng iba sa atin dito ah... Kung nakakamatay lang siguro ang salita, hindi lang double-dead ang aabutin ni Malu.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by mayana View Post
    ehehe, nag-aalab parin ang damdamin ng iba sa atin dito ah... Kung nakakamatay lang siguro ang salita, hindi lang double-dead ang aabutin ni Malu.
    nyahahaha! natawa ako dito! :hysterical:

5. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Malu described the OFW's as smelly, that much was evident. The title of her column gave her away, "stinky linky." She was generalizing, assumed a holier-than-thou position, since she perceived her status in society as a cut above the hoi polloi.

When initially told of the backlash, she defended her actions by saying the article was meant to be humorous, and intended for a certain segment, implying the upmarket, high society crowd. She derided her critics as uneducated and lacking common sense. Of course, such a retort will only fan the flames.

IMO, she decided to resign only because she couldn't handle the universal backlash her column and sneering attitude she created. I guess she didn't imagine it would reallyt put her in a very tight fix.

You reap what you sow (pardon also the pun). I don't think anybody here joined the bandwagon. They retaliated out of genuine concern for the OFW's whom she insulted. FYI, my father was a former OFW, having worked in the Middle East (Saudi Arabia, Iran, Iraq and Kuwait) for several years from the mid-70's to early 80's. Being called a pig is nothing compared to the insult she heaped to a sector of Philippine society we brand as modern-day heroes.

Things wouldn't have escalated to this level if she had issued an immediate apology, yet she hung tough and stood on her pedestal, like an arrogant, impertinent b*tch.

IMO, she deserves every bit of insult that comes her way, her apology notwithstanding. Tit-for-tat. This is one person that deserves her come-uppance.

About the death threats? I don't think "Lilitsunin kita!!!" counts as one.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Didn't I just say to watch your language guys?

We have been lenient about this issue, don't abuse it.

Closing this thread temporarily.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ang hirap naman mag comment dito.....

MATABA din kasi ako eh. =p

ahay closed na pala!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Malu Fernandez Resigns