New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by M54 Powered
    what does it mean when he says "net profit"? does that 3% refer to margin (revenue - cost of sales), PTI (pretax income), or net income?
    AFAIK... that's net income already

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    my take on this. business is business. somehow, the stakeholders want profit, no matter what.

now, if there is a loss, management did not do its job.
    i am sure some tsikoteers here who have their own business think this way too. that simple.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    the largest oil company in the world, ExxonMobil, also had it's best-EVER earnings quarter in 1Q 2006 after a similarly record breaking 2005. the 12 largest US oil companies are all reporting earnings windfalls as well (hooray for my mutual funds! )

but i read an interesting article in Business Week - according to BW the 5-year average profit for oil and gas companies is only slightly above the average for all industries...bumabawi lang ba sila? more likely, as a couple of people have already said - the cost of exploration and extraction just to find a few million barrels is staggering...especially considering the fact that you strike black gold only a few times if you drill in a hundred places.

another interesting fact - in 2005, the average profit for oil/gas companies was only seventh highest among all industries. the highest?

#1 - pharmaceutical/biotech
    #2 - banks
    #3 - diversified financial services
    #4 - software
    #5 - telecom
    #6 - food and beverage

these are US company figures. it would be interesting if somebody posted the figures for philippine companies...

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    WTF!!! audit nga natin nakaw nyo sa bayan? ang bobobo nyo mga tongressman kayo. PWE!!!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    you'll be surprised kapag nalaman nyo kung magkano lang ang cost ng isang clusivol na nabibili nyo ng 7 pesos ata per piece...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Isuzoom
    WTF!!! audit nga natin nakaw nyo sa bayan? ang bobobo nyo mga tongressman kayo. PWE!!!
    +1

MISMO

magician kasi yugn mga politicians natin, magaling sa MISDIRECTION.
    para di makita yung kurakot nila, gagawa ng issue to divert the poeples attention (and subsequent ire)

8. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Yup, they should audit the likes of Lito Lapid and his son for the millions in sand quarrying fees that they pocketed at the expense of the people in Laguna. That type of activity really penalizes ordinary citizens who could have received better services if the money collected in such activities went into the right places.
    Also, the low priority that local companies seemingly place in social/civic responsibility cannot be considered out of place especially when the local institutions that should be prioritizing those responsiblities like the government, the military and the Church do such a poor job at it.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by chieffy
    you'll be surprised kapag nalaman nyo kung magkano lang ang cost ng isang clusivol na nabibili nyo ng 7 pesos ata per piece...
    and u will also be surprised how much ang cost ng mga branded na pain reliever like alaxan, advil, biogesic, etc

10. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Which is why I NEVER use multivitamins and rarely use pain relievers.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Local firms making HUGE profits...