New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
    It's not confined naman to Pinoys, it's a universal trait.

Americans residing in the East Coast usually make fun of Southerners, or those with Southern accents. Same thing in Germany, wherein pronunciation of certain words can reflect your economic background, and thus subject the speaker to condescension.
    I've been to the east coast. The northerners may get amused by the southern accent. But, they don't look down on the guy like he's trash the way many Tagalogs do on Bisaya folks.

Count my mom as one. That's why we haven't been on speaking terms for years now. She always say I'm welcome to come home anytime. But, my "Bisaya" wife will have to stay outside. Very frustrating......

Add:
    Yup. It's very frustrating. It's sad to know my daughters may grow up never having met their other grandma....
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; December 28th, 2007 at 01:38 PM.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    I am an ilonggo, and I frequently fly to manila on business trips. Funny thing is that Manila folks tend to still believe that napakarural pa ng lugar namin. As in meron nga nagsabi na magsawa na raw akong manood ng sine kasi baka wala raw sa amin ng mga sinehan. And they make fun of the way we speak, but one thing i noticed was that, we rural folks still practice proper grammar. Sa kanila nga e bunging english (meron pang mga pasakalyeng "kasi you know, basta its like ". I have no quarrels with urbanites but medyo irritating na rin kung minsan. peace

3. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    I've been to the east coast. The northerners may get amused by the southern accent. But, they don't look down on the guy like he's trash the way many Tagalogs do on Bisaya folks.

Count my mom as one. That's why we haven't been on speaking terms for years now. She always say I'm welcome to come home anytime. But, my "Bisaya" wife will have to stay outside. Very frustrating......

Add:
    Yup. It's very frustrating. It's sad to know my daughters may grow up never having met their other grandma....
    WOW! like d*mn! is that for realz!? that is soo messed up!

well, I have a Girlfriend and she's Ilocano.. but was born and raised in Quezon City. good thing her parents & the rest of her family is hella cool with me, even though I'm part Visayan and all. but man, if I had that same situation like you and your wife.. and if my momma said something like that, Id be so pissed as hell. lolz!

aite, peace.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by v6dreamer View Post
    Yan ang malaking problema sa kapwa natin pinoy local or abroad. I was in the U.S Navy for 21 yrs. and saw too many pinoy serving in the armed forces na walang unity kundi puro tsismis laban sa kapwa pinoy. I dont realy know what is the root cause for not being one as blood by blood, instead they push away that chances to get along each other since we are the few. In the civilian life too, much much worse.
    Ang pagiging "racist" ng pinoy ay nanggagaling sa magulang at bahay. Palagay niyo po saan natututo ang bata? Isa sa pinaka doble cara ang Pinoy. Sa harap ng ibang lahi ang bait pero di natin alam kung ano ang iniisip. Mata-pobre at "racist" din ang pinoy dahil sa media. Sino po ang pinagtatawanan sa TV at pelikula kundi ang mga tao na "iba" maging sa kulay o sa pananalita.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by juntzo View Post
    i was born in manila, grew up in bicol, then moved to cavite and studied in manila. worked in the US and now have a business in the visayas! (yes i'm an old f*rt!)

i have close friends in all the places i've been and in my opinion, those who discriminates are usually the uneducated or the ones who didn't learn from their education! :peace:
    Ibig niyo po sabihin na nag mga magaling nating kasama sa media ay mal edukado?

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    ang napansin ko lang po, isa ang mga pinoy sa mga pinaka racist.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    I actually find the visayan accent cute when it's used for visayan languages ... hindi nga lang bagay when used for tagalog or english. Baka naman yun lang ang issue at ka-OA an lang yang kay Pimentel. IMHO, yung talagang nagdi-discriminate, hindi pa nakakapaglibot ng Pinas at nakakakita ng ganda niya -- kaya Tara na! Biyahe tayo!

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    history showed that in 17th and 18th centuries filipinos has been continuously discriminated by foreign nationalities. all of them are gone but the blood are still flowing within us and the result is this: filipinos against fellow filipinos

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by KBR View Post
    WOW! like d*mn! is that for realz!? that is soo messed up!

well, I have a Girlfriend and she's Ilocano.. but was born and raised in Quezon City. good thing her parents & the rest of her family is hella cool with me, even though I'm part Visayan and all. but man, if I had that same situation like you and your wife.. and if my momma said something like that, Id be so pissed as hell. lolz!

aite, peace.
    It sure is. I love my mom for giving me life and raising me. But, I can't abide by that behavior of hers. Her hatred is venomous in the utmost way even after all these years.

I'm resigned at this point. But, I have a family of my own to mind and can't dwell on the situation. Life goes on.....

10. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Local and International discrimination are everywhere,you can't blame them for that... some because of life status/standings, others due to security/safety reasons, colors/features/smells...you have to be careful nowadays who you are dealing with...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Local discrmination?