The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    ^kahit busy ako at ayaw ko sana, ako na ang mag-seal sa lahat ng butas niya

sa boobong.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    GH is right. Dont waste your time and money with vulcaseal. Wont last. It becomes brittle after drying and cracks when the roof heats up.
    You can also try the sealant brand "Castle": It works but a bit expensive at around 600 per tub. Its available in Ace Hardware.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    ano nga ba kasi pagkaka iba ng tagas o butas ng bubong ng bahay sa bubong ng sasakyan...
    diba pareho lang butas un na kailngan tapalan,,

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    That explains why every year or so we have to re-do the darn roof. In fact i'm just about to put out the PPP again.

When i construct my own house, I really intend to do the roof well.
    Best if you use LONG SPAN ROOFING SHEETS to minimize the number of joints and gaps. This is what my dad did with the house and it stopped all the leaks.

GH, are the PYE products still available locally?

Yes, they are still available. Although we stopped distributing their products, the local company continued on with distribution.

Check with HANDYMAN and ACE HARDWARE branches near your location.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; May 6th, 2013 at 02:56 PM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Thanks for the heads-up on the sealant brands to use.

On the house of my grandparents, we already used those long-span, pre-cut sheets along with larger gutters and drain/down pipes (and we trimmed the large trees that kept clogging the drains).

6. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Thanks for the heads-up on the sealant brands to use.

On the house of my grandparents, we already used those long-span, pre-cut sheets along with larger gutters and drain/down pipes (and we trimmed the large trees that kept clogging the drains).
    regarding gutters, we put mesh on top of it to prevent leaves from amassing and clogging.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yup... may mga mesh wire na ako (yung gawa sa green na plastic).

My abode is right next to some real old and large trees so after clearing the roof of leaves, isang ulan na malakas, may mga dahon nanaman sa bubong

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    mahirap yung tatapalan lang in my opinion. do it right and replace the rusted or busted parts na lang.

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    Vulcaseal is no good at all. It merely possesses an excellent brand recall in the same light as Silver Swan, Colgate, Xerox, Kleenex, etc...

You need to use silicone based sealant. Not just any ordinary silicone sealant for the sink but make very sure its NON ACIDIC.

As for the "dugtong", it could be the previous installer failed to provide adequate overlapping of GI sheets, which will lead to immediate leaks if a sheet's overlap suddenly rises when it becomes unfastened by the wind or loose nailer.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123