New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
    AFAIK, there's no such thing as projection LCD's.

You might be referring to rear projection TV's (RPTVs) using DLP. Problem is, some RPTV's are too bulky compared to today's flat screens using LCD and plasma, at pareho lang ang price (some models are even more expensive). So si consumer, naturally, LCD or plasma na lang ang pipiliin.
    Actually tama si russpogi. There are rear projection TVs which use 3LCD technology. The Sony Grand Wega is such an example. I think JVC HDILA also uses the same technology. This was a contending technology against Samsung's rear projection DLP. These 3LCD RPTVs had crystal clear pictures, but sales never seem to have gotten off the ground.

Problem with the Samsung RPTV was the easy-to-break color wheel, which was also expensive-to-fix.

Ang advantage ng RPTV is that a simple bulb replacement will immediately bring back the PQ to like-new. Unlike Plasma and LCD which has a continuously degrading PQ over time.

Sorry kung OT na ito sa thread na 'to.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by bougartt View Post
    Guys thank you so so much for your inputs.

GUYS! I was about to purchase the 42'' Panasonic PLASMA, but then again there was a catch to it. PANASONIC PHILIPPINES would not welcome WARRANTY CLAIMS FOR THE SAID unit. You will course your warranty through the shop. Which stopped me from making the big purchase last thursday night. I felt uncomfortable knowing that Panasonic Philippines would not welcome these units being sold by the shop. Grrrr..
    The unit you were about to purchase was a "grey" market import. Sights & Sounds Shangri-la will however give you their in-house warranty. If you want Panasonic Philippines Warranty, try TheaterWorks in Trinoma, Listen Up in Glorietta or Listening Room in MegaMall. My brother bought the PV80 for only 55K w/ panasonic warranty...
    Last edited by Monseratto; November 30th, 2008 at 12:09 PM.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
LCD TV or PLASMA TV?