New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    i just can't figure out why there is no ATC's on duty even if the 5 got late? even though it's just a small airport, still the ATC's should be on duty 24-7 on a rotation schedule, right?

isn't it that you can't leave your post unless you're relieved and there's proper endorsement?

otherwise, the negligence should also reflect to their superiors as well...

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
    i just can't figure out why there is no ATC's on duty even if the 5 got late? even though it's just a small airport, still the ATC's should be on duty 24-7 on a rotation schedule, right?

isn't it that you can't leave your post unless you're relieved and there's proper endorsement?

otherwise, the negligence should also reflect to their superiors as well...
    No kidding. There should always be at least one ATC on post even if that ATC might take a nap overnight. The only exception might be if the airfield is closed. Even then, an ATC should've been scheduled to come in the night prior to the airfield re-opening. If that wasn't done, then it definitely reflects badly on the leadership/management.

Part of leadership/management is checking up on their troops and making sure they're doing their job. It's also their job to see the big picture and plan accordingly.

If management really wanted the ATC's to have fun, maybe they should've taken the shifts instead. I've done that from time to time with people under me. The wife grumbles sometimes. Oh well.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; December 28th, 2008 at 02:29 AM.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Banana republic

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem View Post

Im thinking it might be a sunrise to sunset airport operations due to absence of night landing instrument/equipments. May mga facilities na ganito sa pagkaka-alam ko.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    dapat diyan pati supervisor nila imbestigahan bakit walang nakaduty that time, dapat diumuwi or di pinauwi pinagovertime habang walang kapalit. negligence ng supervisor ito.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Late Air Traffic Cont. Delay Landing of 3 Planes in Zamboanga