New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by frenchtower View Post
    The very least that you can do at this point is to go to the police and have it booked.

There is a very slim chance that those items will be recovered. Unless, you have LOJACK installed or some sort of a tracking implement.

You'll just have to let go and charge it to bad experience. Sorry for your loss.
    Its really hard to move on.

I believe the MAC address could be trace. Especially when the laptop is connected to the internet. In case of SmartBro, they are recording the subscribers MAC address. That's why when you change laptop/desktop, you will be redirected again to their login page. They are keeping the list somewhere. Too bad I just don't have the "connection" and resources too pull off this "tracing".

Tubuan na lang sana sila ng pimples sa cornea.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    ghelobytes, it's a long shot, but if you have some time to do so, you could try monitoring pc buy and sell sites for your items. I heard someone in the past recovered their stolen laptop when a similar model was posted in the net (tipidpc maybe?) and when they went to check it out, they found it was their stolen laptop.

Not really sure what other sites they may use. buyandsellph.com maybe as well?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    check tipidpc.com for laptops na similar to yours... then ask for the serial numbers... kunwari interested ka. may friend ako na nakita nya na bnibenta macbook nya sa site na yun.

taga signal ka lang pala bro... im from upper bicutan area lang... magkalapit pala tayo...

uso ngayon ang nakawan lalo na sa area natin... for sure taga dyan lang sa tabi tabi ang nagnakaw nya at kilala nila kayo or alam ang kilos at galaw ninyo lalo na kung kailan walang tao sa house ninyo.

you can talk sa mga tambay sa inyo or sa baranggay, give a reward for sure may makukuha kang information

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ghelobytes View Post
    Its really hard to move on.

I believe the MAC address could be trace. Especially when the laptop is connected to the internet. In case of SmartBro, they are recording the subscribers MAC address. That's why when you change laptop/desktop, you will be redirected again to their login page. They are keeping the list somewhere. Too bad I just don't have the "connection" and resources too pull off this "tracing".
    Tracing via MAC number is only useful if the laptop would connect via it's built-in wifi/LAN connection, right?

So if someone would use a 3G internet or USB wifi adapter, the MAC number trace wouldn't be effective...

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Tracing via MAC number is only useful if the laptop would connect via it's built-in wifi/LAN connection, right?

So if someone would use a 3G internet or USB wifi adapter, the MAC number trace wouldn't be effective...

Yeah, I think it won't work with 3G service. Pero I guess it will work with
    SmartBro yung sa fixed setup (Canopy). Parang naka local area network lang kasi ang setup nun eh.

I guess eto talaga reality ng buhay. We'll have to learn how to co-exist with these bad elements. Hehe...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12