New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Funeral home in QC gets P80,000 in fake bills

A funeral home in Quezon City was duped into accepting P80,000 in fake bills as payment for its services, radio DZMM reported Monday.

The management of the Arlington Memorial Chapel along G. Araneta Avenue said cashier Marites Tagarino received the fake bills from Larry Nocum, a relative of the deceased identified as Mercy Velasquez Cruz.

Arlington Funeral Director Bong Naviza said Tagarino was "hypnotized" by the suspect when she accepted the money.

The deceased was already buried when Arlington management found out that the bills were fake.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Uh... fire the teller? :lol: At the very least, suspend her... "Hypnotized" doesn't wash by me.

Don't these places have ultraviolet bill verification? If they don't, they will now, I guarantee that.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Being "hyponotized" is a real possibility. I used to work in a bank branch and some of our tellers do get "hypnotized" by fast con men. They hypnotize by employig fast sleight of hand tricks...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hmmm... habulin yung nagbigay ng fake bills...

my brother knows one of the owner of arlington... this i gotta ask...

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Ililibing ko yung nagbayad nun hahahaha

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ililibing ko for FREE or will wish na lang for his early death...hehehe

7. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Yup, I also believe in "hypnotism." Not the stereotype na kahit anong sabihin mo ay gagawin nila, pero vulnerable sa forceful suggestions. May officemate ako nadale ng Budol-Budol gang, he was "requested" to withdraw a sizeable amount from his bank. A few hours after, it dawned on him that he was conned.

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    Ililibing ko ng buhay hayuf na yun.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Sorry kung medyo OT. How do those ultra violet fake bill detectors work? Where can you buy them and how much?

10. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    wow tindi a. pati sa dead e nagkakalokohan pa. so this might have happned during the long weekend?

80,000 wow. someone's gonna get buried alive and quick.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
kung ikaw may ari sa Arlington Memorial Chapel, ano gagawin mo?