New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 161
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    8,837
    #121
    Quote Originally Posted by nugundam93 View Post
    yikes. tradeoff perhaps dun sa sarap ng donut?
    yun na nga eh. last week, my wife was watching oprah, meron discussion dun about krispy kreme and its well-guarded recipe na naka-vault pa nga daw.

    the question is aside from KK main, who knows the recipe ba? does the US govt. know? eh pano kung gatas pala ng ahas yun or somethin' hehehe

    another well-guarded recipe secret is KFC's original recipe. kaya nga walang franchise d2 sa P'nas lahat company-owned. malay ba natin kung anong recipe yun, pinapakain ka na pala ng extracts ng kung anong insecto, sarap na sarap tayo

  2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    301
    #122
    Malapit sa amin ang factory nyan ( winston - Salem , NC ) What's the big deal about this thing? Nver heard about this doughnut til' you guys started to write about this sugarpill ( eaten one today )suppose to be a pasalubong for my in law who requested to get the " original here in North carolina.

  3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    5,941
    #123
    finally tasted one yesterday. Pumila ako ng around 10 minutes to buy 1 dozen ng original glazed. imo, nothing extra ordinary regarding the taste, the extra ordinary is its price

  4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    3,005
    #124
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue View Post
    another well-guarded recipe secret is KFC's original recipe. kaya nga walang franchise d2 sa P'nas lahat company-owned. malay ba natin kung anong recipe yun, pinapakain ka na pala ng extracts ng kung anong insecto, sarap na sarap tayo
    Sir Oldblue, minsan nag-experiment ako sa kusina, one key ingredient of KFC is basil! hehehe! Accident lang ng ma-discover ko. Pero I'm still missing a few herbs and spices to actually copy KFC. Nga pala, diba pressure fried ang KFC? Looks like it pero I'm not sure.

    Sorry sa OT. (nagutom tuloy ako)

  5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,726
    #125
    Had my first stint a while ago...

    Service: It was pretty quick contrary to my expectations. I had around 10 people ahead of me but I waited no more than 5 minutes.

    Taste: Delicious but it's not one I'll keep coming back for. My mom found the original glaze too sweet, and some old lady there commented that the taste of the one in the States is different. But the sour cream flavor is the one I really liked, and I might be frequenting this one.

    Value: Obviously expensive for the masses * 30 for the original and 38 for the other varieties. The doughnuts are also not big enough to justify the price. They also lack a half-dozen value pack. 200 should be a fair deal for 6 doughnuts because a whole dozen can be too many for a few people to consume before the freshness is gone.

    Overall: The relatively high price was expected considering the weak peso and economy. I will certainly be back soon but not very frequently, at least until I come up with extra money and extra exercise.

  6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,721
    #126
    Mga pre sa US its .50 cents a doughnut... so its relatively cheap!

    Yeah sour cream flavor that looks like a twisted cruller from Country Style Donuts... Yan din ang da best para sakin sa KK.

  7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    21,346
    #127
    Quote Originally Posted by Dvorak View Post
    Lined up friday night.. mga 45 minutes inabot..







    if they can produce 3,000 original glazed in 1 hour.. and assuming everything was bought by the dozen at PHp265.00 per dozen, operating hours of 8am to 10pm (14 hours)

    3,000 x 14 hours = 42,000 / 12 = 3,500 dozens x 265.00 = Php927,500.00 per day

    927,500.00 x 365 = Php338,537,500.00 per year on one store! original glazed pa lang yan!

    US$3M per store.. so in 1 year.. bawing bawi na yung Php150M na puhunan.
    He-he! Sana nga ganyan lagi......pa'no na pag nagsawa na tao? Yung pila, palagay ko, ngayon lang yan, kasi bago. Medyo curious pa ang madlang Pinoy.

  8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    21,346
    #128
    [QUOTE=oldblue;713417]question po mga krispy kreme repeaters. last sat. we bought 2 boxes, naubos kagad by sunday dito sa'min. yesterday evening, I bought another dozen of glaze, nakatatlo na nga ako hehehe./QUOTE]


    Bro, di ba tumaas blood sugar mo?

  9. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,526
    #129
    Quote Originally Posted by imprezawrxsti View Post
    Malapit sa amin ang factory nyan ( winston - Salem , NC ) What's the big deal about this thing? Nver heard about this doughnut til' you guys started to write about this sugarpill ( eaten one today )suppose to be a pasalubong for my in law who requested to get the " original here in North carolina.


    Because it's from uncle sam......:rofl01:







  10. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,526
    #130
    [QUOTE=chua_riwap;714484]
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue View Post
    question po mga krispy kreme repeaters. last sat. we bought 2 boxes, naubos kagad by sunday dito sa'min. yesterday evening, I bought another dozen of glaze, nakatatlo na nga ako hehehe./QUOTE]


    Bro, di ba tumaas blood sugar mo?




    Oprah's weight problem would be the next episodes topic.....









    Edit oprah > * :hysterical:

krispy kreme field report....