New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    magpapari kaya ako, para me ride? kaso, celibacy naman. hmmm...ride or ***? decisions, decisions...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ILuvDetailing
    Just curious... ano kaya sasakyan ni Cardinal Sin? How ironic that "Sin" is his last name...
    I think they had to rename a PS2 game to Cardinal Syn because of Jaime. Pati pa naman yung me terminal ailment tinitira pa. He probably gets driven in a car donated to the Roman Catholic Church.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by OTO
    Probably the Order assigned the car to the priest because he's the only one who knew how to drive or he was the only priest. Probably the Order had enough cars to assign to each priest. There are a lot of wealthy Parishoners who often help out the Orders there priests belong too.

What if some millionaire gave a Toyota Land Cruiser to an Order and paid for the maintenance cost & fuel should the Order refuse and get a Kia Pride? What if the millionaire gave the Land Cruiser because the area the priest goes too doesnt have paved roads should they still get the simplest car possible? Almost all the not so simple cars seen being used by priests are either donated or the property of the family of the priest. I know of one priest in Iloilo who drives a brand new CR-V that belongs to his brother.

Ito should the Pope have ridden a regular FMC vehicle instead of the Popemobile? I know the Popemobile cost a lot to build as it is armord w/ all the regular security measures.

The Pope even has a Ferrari in his garage, a gift from Scuderia Ferrari. Should the Pope get rid of the gift?
    It's like this...

The Pope is not just the titular head of the Catholic Church but also the Head of State. Hence the need for a vehicle befitting his stature as such. I doubt if the Pope got a Ferrari because as he said in his last will and testament...he didn't leave behind any material possessions. In all probability HE DID GET RID OF IT.

The point is this...it will be hard for priests to be believable or credible for his parishoners if he flaunts an expensive vehicle. No one is disputing that maybe even a 4x4 may be necessary for a priest to get from one place to another but certainly not an SUV. It immediately raises the suspicion that donations to the Church are being used for personal purposes instead of helping out the parish. besides, if the purpose of the vehicle is really to serve the parish then a more appropriate vehicle would be an AUV.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I think the pope does not have a Ferrari in his garage.

He drove a Ferrari in 1988.
    He was given a F1 scale model last year
    The president of Ferrari announced that he will build a special edition F1 car for the pope for him to auction off and use the money for charity.

What they do have are Lamborghini Town Life for the security of the whole Vatican.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by OTO
    If I recall correctly these large monetary/property donations to the Roman Catholic Church was an an issue of contention that led to Protestantism.
    not about the large property...

but by the RC Church's teachings (back then) that you can buy your way into heaven (through pardons).

27. They preach man who say that so soon as the penny jingles into the money-box, the soul flies out [of purgatory].

28. It is certain that when the penny jingles into the money-box, gain and avarice can be increased, but the result of the intercession of the Church is in the power of God alone.

42. Christians are to be taught that the pope does not intend the buying of pardons to be compared in any way to works of mercy.

43. Christians are to be taught that he who gives to the poor or lends to the needy does a better work than buying pardons;

6. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    I think the priests needed a reliable, high capacity and very secure vehicle, that's why some of them use Suv's and Auv's. I think we should put our focus more on our politicians and public servants dahil pera natin mga iyon.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    kaya nga sometimes i'd rather give to charities than to the church. recently i saw a fundraising activity for the completion of a church. it's total cost would exceed 60 million pesos! i know a church is supposed to be the "House of God" and we must give Him what He deserves, but sometimes you'd think that it's just too much and that they should practice what they preach. And by the way, that new church/parish is just about a kilometer away from another one. Anyway, i believe that it's better to be spiritual than religious.
    Last edited by coiter; April 11th, 2005 at 04:15 PM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Altis6453
    It's like this...

The Pope is not just the titular head of the Catholic Church but also the Head of State. Hence the need for a vehicle befitting his stature as such. I doubt if the Pope got a Ferrari because as he said in his last will and testament...he didn't leave behind any material possessions. In all probability HE DID GET RID OF IT.

The point is this...it will be hard for priests to be believable or credible for his parishoners if he flaunts an expensive vehicle. No one is disputing that maybe even a 4x4 may be necessary for a priest to get from one place to another but certainly not an SUV. It immediately raises the suspicion that donations to the Church are being used for personal purposes instead of helping out the parish. besides, if the purpose of the vehicle is really to serve the parish then a more appropriate vehicle would be an AUV.
    Even if he is the head of State shouldnt your perception on the vow of poverty also apply to the Pope? He is after all the Pope and people look at him as the example we Roman Catholics should all emulate.

If an SUV is the only thing donated then why not use it? All the priest has to say is that the car was donated by some rich person. Even Christ had rich friends who helped him out once in awhile and yet no one took issue of it. I believe the religious Orders should maximize whatever is donated or God has provided. To do less would be sinful.

I do recall a story in the New Testament where in Jesus Christ praise a poor woman who donated most of her possessions to a sinegog even if she owned so little as compared to a rich man who gave a lot and yet is a fraction of what he owns.

What the you do with your money is your business. What the Church does with their money is theres. What the politicians do with our tax money is our business.
    Last edited by OTO; April 11th, 2005 at 04:24 PM.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    vow of poverty ba dahilan bakit nyo sila pinupuna? bakit luxury na ba ang pajero? ang altis? 2004 lancer? ordinary vehicles lang yan. ang luxury eh yung M-class, yung Lexus, BMW, Rolls Royce...

there are a lot of priests who come from very rich families mind you. some of their families have haciendas and big businesses. it is a tradition after all in some provinces to consider it prestige and honor to have a priest in the family. so how come if these vehicles were given by their families, what is wrong with a little luxury when they were so used to much much more when they were growing up as ordinary men like you?

dami nyo napupuna kala mo naman nagbibigay sa simbahan ng malaki pero barya-barya lang naman kung offertory!

10. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo
    dami nyo napupuna kala mo naman nagbibigay sa simbahan ng malaki pero barya-barya lang naman kung offertory!
    hehehehe........

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
kotse ng mga pari nakita niyo... please share