New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    sometime back, i had need for an itak. i went to the mall to find one. the nearest they had, was a south american model whose blade was so thin, i could bend it! 'twas more a large knife than an itak. ang mahal pa. 1xxx pesos.
    sabi ko sa maid namin, puntaka sa palengke. ihanap moko ng itak. ayun.. 300 bucks na, may scabbard pa. and it was a good, heavy blade for chopping wood.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    sometime back, i had need for an itak. i went to the mall to find one. the nearest they had, was a south american model whose blade was so thin, i could bend it! 'twas more a large knife than an itak. ang mahal pa. 1xxx pesos.
    Ah, yung Tramontina yan malamang, from Brazil. In fairness it seems well built, but better suited for clearing brush, vine, talahib. It doesn't seem to have the weight for chopping wood/coconuts. i didn't like the balance kaya di rin ako bumili.

sabi ko sa maid namin, puntaka sa palengke. ihanap moko ng itak. ayun.. 300 bucks na, may scabbard pa. and it was a good, heavy blade for chopping wood.

Yeah, i was thinking magpabili na lang ako sa palengke, dun sa nagbebenta ng buko. He should know where to get a good itak ^_^

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    Ah, yung Tramontina yan malamang, from Brazil. In fairness it seems well built, but better suited for clearing brush, vine, talahib. It doesn't seem to have the weight for chopping wood/coconuts. i didn't like the balance kaya di rin ako bumili.

Yeah, i was thinking magpabili na lang ako sa palengke, dun sa nagbebenta ng buko. He should know where to get a good itak ^_^
    tramontina nga. ang gaan ng blade.
    ayun, nakasabit pa sa dingding.. still in its original packing.
    while the itak has earned its keep several times over.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Anyone here own Emersons, or knives with the Emerson wave? i'm curious whether the wave gets in the way when cutting stuff

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Meron bang binebentang itak na ganito itsura(this is a condor hudson bay camp knife) sa Batangas/Manila:

condor-hudson-bay-camp-knife.jpg

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    Meron bang binebentang itak na ganito itsura(this is a condor hudson bay camp knife) sa Batangas/Manila:

condor-hudson-bay-camp-knife.jpg
    parang may nakita ako sa Lazada niyan.

btw dito ako nagpapashipping ng knife pansarili at panregalo
    APOL BOPOL | Facebook

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    fixed or folded karambit? parang mas masarap paglaruan yung fixed ano sa tingin nyo?

8. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Anyone here own Emersons, or knives with the Emerson wave? i'm curious whether the wave gets in the way when cutting stuff

Wave feature is pure BS shreds your pants and isn't reliable enough to deploy 100% when you really really need it to

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617