New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    What's better and safer to use for the LPG pipe from tank to stove, GI pipe or flexible hose? The tank will be placed outside the house and the hose will be around 3m long.
    Signature

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If it's around 3 meters long i think a good hose can still suffice. In our old house, my grandmother used steel pipes as the tanks were considerably further from the stove (around 20 feet). I'm just not familiar but you should check the kind of pipes and valves used for the LPG pipelines as well, before deciding.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    My parents' house has the same setup (gas tank outside around 3 meters away). They're still using a flexible hose. Just keep inspecting it regularly as rodents like to chew on it.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    pwede na ung flexible hose just secure it properly.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Will rats chew even on silicone? Perhaps if you rub it down with repellent.

We have our tank mounted remotely, we just run the hose through the wall.

A flexible line is cheaper to install, and if you get a leak, you can replace it easily. If one of the pipes leaks, it'll be harder (and more expensive) to fix.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

I have always used flexible hoses, altough in some buildings where I lived there were LPG pipelines but to connect'em to the stove a flexible hose was required.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    im using hose yung gamit sa gas cutting. Mas easy ang flexi hose palitan kesa sa GI. regular check lang talaga kailangan.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Ang LPG hose dapat 1 meter maximum only

Don't use GI pipe. Use copper tube and fittings

Yan ang sabi ng NFPA68

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    What's better and safer to use for the LPG pipe from tank to stove, GI pipe or flexible hose? The tank will be placed outside the house and the hose will be around 3m long.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I used stainless tubing sa labas din tanks naka lagay

10. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Copper tubing or stainless tubing with proper fittings/connectors pag mahaba yung linya. kailangan pa rin yung hose to connect to the tank regulator.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Kitchen LPG line: GI pipe or flexible hose?