New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Okay din sa build up for asking help, use the 100+ employees "bread winners" as a leverage.

Yep medyo off for me, andami diyan mas masaklap ang dinanas.

Nataon walang network like him to put up a fund raiser / ask for help like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Slap in the face for the proletariat. Pag ordinaryong tao minalas sa negosyo, wala, wipeout.

Pag mayaman nalugi, siguradong may mayamang kaibigang tutulong and mas madaling makabawi.

Ganun talaga, harsh reality. Ayoko lang yung paawa effect niya sa social media. You can ask from your rich friends to help you get back up on your feet, but publicizing it is just poor taste for me.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Slap in the face for the proletariat. Pag ordinaryong tao minalas sa negosyo, wala, wipeout.

Pag mayaman nalugi, siguradong may mayamang kaibigang tutulong and mas madaling makabawi.

Ganun talaga, harsh reality. Ayoko lang yung paawa effect niya sa social media. You can ask from your rich friends to help you get back up on your feet, but publicizing it is just poor taste for me.

Ganun naman talaga e. Importante talaga ang connections

Ok lang sakin paawa kung totoo naman. Ang nakakainis, ayaw ibenta ang 911 nya dahil ipapamana pa daw nya sa anak nya. Mas importante pa ba yun? E ang bata pa ng anak nya

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    simple lang solution ng problem nya. sell the 911 and mortgage/sell the condo. he is eithwr really stupid not to see this or just plain thick skinned to care that he is looking like an ass.

there are more people more deserving of help than this.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    My impression on why he does not want to exhaust all his available means is because he is not invested (emotionally) on the business itself. He said that business was built on the 1800s, then he has to be at least 4th generation owner. If this happened to his ancestors who built the business from scratch, I would suppose they would sell all to build it again.

Also, it seems like they are keeping the business running out of goodwill for their loyal employees, he said it is not even earning well anymore. That could be another reason why he is not willing to risk all (I have a friend who also kept their barely earning business so that their employees of over 3 decades don't lose their jobs) He seems like a person with good values, but I'm just wondering why they had to seek help from the public. He needs $50,000 which is around P2.5M, coming from a moneyed background, can't his parents/grandparents/aunties/uncles/cousins/wife/in-laws pool the money to give 2.5M? That's a little over the cost of a Camry or Fortuner. It's not life changing money for the family of a guy who at 38 yrs old can own 2 Jaguars and a Porsche (and those are the only cars we know)

6. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Weird priorities.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I thought meron sya cancer or some life threatening ailment.

His Richie Rich friends are helping him.

I just hope the money goes to those 120 employees (like what he said) and not to a new Porsche.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12