New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Normal driving - 9 o'clock left hand and on the shift stick yung right.
    Long Drives - 9 o'clock and 3 o'clock

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by StraightSix View Post
    An examiner in the UK might take that as a serious fault, for "lack" of control. When I took the UK test, I got a minor fault for not immediately cancelling the turn signal exactly after leaving a wide roundabout. I wasn't supposed to rely on the auto-cancel.

Darn, I could have had a perfect score.
    Well, I defaulted to the 10 o'clock and 2 o'clock positions because it was the natural position for me. I had a couple of demerits during my driving test. But considering I had 3 days from the time I got my permit, learn to drive M/T, and then take my driving test, I thought I did ok.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarsi View Post
    Karl, wala akong sinabi na ganun ang posisyon ng kamay ko. Ang sabi ko yung iba, pero hindi ako.

9 and 3 o'clock ang position ko paghawak sa steering wheel.

yun ang turo ni lolo pocholo
    hahah sabi ko nga hindi tayo yun.. ewan ko ba sa kanila.. hehhe

sabi kasi ni russ swift basta hindi umekis yung kamay pag lumimiko or U turn eh ayus.. hehehe

pansin ko kasi dun sa iba pag nagmamaneho. umeekis yung kamay.. di tuloy matino pag liko nila..

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    10 and 2 o'clock positions.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Left Hand 12 o clock. Right hand on my leg or center console when it's not traffic.

Pag traffic 10 and 2 o'clock

6. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    10:10 oclock position sa straight driving ayon sa A-1 .. pero di ko sinusunod ..

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Ano position mo?

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    ang tamang posisyon is 10 and 2 o'clock. tapos medyo naka bend ng bahagya elbow.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Left hand - most of the time, nasa 12 o' clock position (closed fist) or 6 o' clock position (open palm). It's a personal preference; I find that either position gives me the best reaction time.

Right hand - when not changing gears, either nasa right leg ko or nakaalalay sa manibela at the 4 o' clock position. Pretending that the shift stick is extremely hot, I avoid unnecessarily gripping or otherwise resting my hand on the shift knob whether in neutral or in gear.
    Last edited by Bogeyman; April 17th, 2008 at 08:35 PM.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Thanks for clarifying. I'm confused on whether in 9 and 3 or 10 and 2. I like 10 and 2 better kasi pag 9 and 3, parang stiff tingnan?

I watched somewhere that your wrist should rest at 12 o clock to know the proper distance from the steering wheel. YUng iba kasi higang higa hindi na kita ulo sa kotse. haha. Yung iba naman parang hahalik na sa salamin

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Kamay sa Manibela