New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    my friend Bismark Alvarez emailed this to me, the incident happened few months ago.

Hi, Friend...

Please try to read this....

We are no longer hoping for justice to be served through the pursuit of the case...
    We are laying everything in God's hands...

Bad things only happen to bad people?

We tend to think that bad things only happen to bad people simply because we are confined within our own ideologies. We rarely consider the slim chances such as, that maybe, just maybe, we have roles in a cycle wherein we take parts in the completion of chaos which was originally not designed by God as His “perfect will” but eventually becomes as His “permissive will”. I am not asking anyone to explain these ‘transformation’ to me because I believe that no one other than God could thoroughly explain such thing.
    Who would have thought that a once a compulsively dependent on illegal drugs would become a drug buster? Who would have thought that a drug addict would be able to change his ways to become an advocate of peace, goodwill and hope? Who would have thought that my eldest brother who tried his best to set a good example for those who are still under the devilishly magical spell of “drug addiction” would be gunned down in front of me and my father within our “own house” that we once used to consider as a haven, a sanctuary, a place where we could move freely without the presence of FEAR.
    It happened last April 1, 2006. Our way of thinking was greatly challenged during that time but we never resorted to foolish decisions such as devising a plan of revenge or any of that sort. We just let the law enforcers to do their jobs and we entrusted the issue to the Lord. My father never encouraged us to investigate on our own. He told us to just take extra precautions. But even if he would have been able to know who the culprits were I could very confidently say that my father would have stood still on his principles and that was to allow things to undergo due process.
    Normally, we waited for the result of the investigations. But that result never came that it wasn’t even seen by my father before he was brutally killed in broad daylight while attending a friend’s funeral on August 20, 2006, 5 days before his 65th birthday, less than 5 months after my brother was killed. He was seated at the passenger side and my brother was driving while my aunt and uncle were at the backseat. The gunman shot him 4 times in the face and the other one shot the security guard within the vicinity once in the head killing both of them.
    My father has always been a tough guy. He was tough in a way that he would always cling to what is true and what is right whenever I encounter things that must be settled using the mind of an experienced individual which have always brought me to him. He was tough in a way that you could never persuade him to take part on illegal negotiations. Otherwise, we could have become millionaires. He was a man of principles and a man who’ve always dreamt of greener pastures for his family without compromising his principles. Who would have thought that someone would want him dead? Who would have thought that bad things could happen to him?
    Again, our faith has been bombarded by this atrociously violent act that came with the questions from other people why these things are happening to our family which none of us could easily answer. Who would have thought that 2 bullets for my eldest brother and 4 bullets for my father could easily alter the principle that most of us have clung to for a very long time?….That is the principle “ Bad things only happen to bad people ”.
    Again, we have to prove that we are never to blame God for this. The Bible tells us of Job, a servant of God, who never cursed God even after losing his whole household as a test which I personally consider as a gruesome test. He was in return blessed immeasurably by God. I am not saying that my faith is as grand as Job but I believe these words from the Bible, “And Moses said to the people, “ Do not be afraid. Stand still and see the salvation of the Lord which He will accomplish for you today.” (Exodus 14:13a)…”The Lord will fight for you and you shall hold your peace” (Exodus 14:14). We could never put our attention on the feeling brought by fear more than we do on the sorrow brought by lost. We cried, we cried, and we still cry at times but we know that both my father and my brother are enjoying themselves now in the presence of the Lord with the feeling of spring and the never-ending-morning in paradise.

May they rest in PEACE!!!..

Please continue to pray for our longed for JUSTICE to be served in God's time....

Thank you and may God bless you...

Fervently asking for support through your prayers,
    Bismark Alvarez

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sa Muntinlupa nangyari ito, sa part ng Tunasan kundi ako nagkkamali

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    May they rest in peace.

I wonder, why would anyone want them dead? A changed drug-addict and an old man.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    May they rest in peace.

I wonder, why would anyone want them dead? A changed drug-addict and an old man.
    i think this is the reason

Who would have thought that a once a compulsively dependent on illegal drugs would become a drug buster? Who would have thought that a drug addict would be able to change his ways to become an advocate of peace, goodwill and hope? Who would have thought that my eldest brother who tried his best to set a good example for those who are still under the devilishly magical spell of “drug addiction” would be gunned down in front of me and my father within our “own house” that we once used to consider as a haven, a sanctuary, a place where we could move freely without the presence of FEAR.

JUSTICE for Adonis and Banaag Alvarez, Sr.