New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    nakonsyensya! ganyan naman talaga nasa huli ang sisi. but

we can't blame them, they just followed the chain of command.

kaya nagkaroon ng geneva convention nung 1949. naging kawawa

ang mga POW.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post
    Though coming foward with this story is brave, I don't think that we should make a big deal out of it nowadays.
    At least in Japan, it could still be a big deal. IIRC, educational materials used in Japanese schools omit any mention of atrocities committed by the Empire during the war, that's why Japan's current generation denies that they ever happened.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman View Post
    At least in Japan, it could still be a big deal. IIRC, educational materials used in Japanese schools omit any mention of atrocities committed by the Empire during the war, that's why Japan's current generation denies that they ever happened.
    yup they just enjoyed the fruits of it. all throughout WWII, the Japs collected all the treasures of Asia. now they're the richest and the Americans knew this. yun mga Yamashita treasure na kesyo nandito daw or nasa Malaysia, Indonesia, diversion lang yun.

while we are dreaming of the myth, ginagamit na ng mga hapon

i just can't see the logic, na-post atomic bomb eh nakuha pa nila maging united and organized. even in movies, hindi naman ganyan ang depiction.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Meron nga chinese film base on the account of witness, yun sa Nanjing china, babae pinafreeze yun kamay hanggang matigas na parang ice, tapos pinokpok, basag ang kamay Lalaki nilagay sa pressurize vault with see thru glass, sumabog ang buong katawan nung kawawang lalaki batang lalaki mga isa o dalawang taong gulang, habang umiiyak sa mga pinatay nyang mga magulang, pinatayo at nilagyan ng dynamita sa likod ng damit at pinalakad... sabog!!

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    You should see the video of what the Imperial gov't did to the Chinese up north... Hehe.

I like this statement the best by KokoNat:

"No sons should be punished for the sins of their fathers (or in this case, possibly, their grandfathers)."

Lahat naman ng conquering nations kung ano-ano ginagawa sa mga locals na conquer eh.

Crying about the past again and again is not only pathetic, but also causing more damage than what has already been done.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Naunahan ako ni Zeus, yes I saw that one.

Yung tinetest din nila yung ultra subsonic chamber until the guy's internal organs, eyes, etc popped out just to check which frequency at what decibel is fatal, etc... Actually the guy's crap in his internal organs oozed out before he blew up.

At yung hinohone nila yung mga batang japanese (under 10yo) that the Chinese guy isn't a human and the commander lets the 6 kids or so beat the adult guy to death by hand... Lupet ng depiction.

It'll be interesting to see what Napoleon, Alexander the Great, etc did back in those times.

You learn through history, not bring it up to cause a riot.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue View Post
    yup they just enjoyed the fruits of it. all throughout WWII, the Japs collected all the treasures of Asia. now they're the richest and the Americans knew this. yun mga Yamashita treasure na kesyo nandito daw or nasa Malaysia, Indonesia, diversion lang yun.

while we are dreaming of the myth, ginagamit na ng mga hapon

i just can't see the logic, na-post atomic bomb eh nakuha pa nila maging united and organized. even in movies, hindi naman ganyan ang depiction.
    Treasures of Asia?

That's just a drop in the pond compared to the billions of dollars that the Americans pumped into Japan's economy after the war.

Not to mention the Japanese's inherent discipline and nationalism that spurred their economic miracle.

===

Anyway, the people responsible for these atrocities were already tried, convicted and some were executed decades ago. Compensation was already handed out and a public apology was already made.

They've already paid a steep price for that when the Americans nuked Hiroshima & Nagasaki. Casualties? Oh... just a quarter of a million people.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    WWII Photos in the Philippines

http://www.battlingbastardsbataan.com/

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post
    Anyway, the people responsible for these atrocities were already tried, convicted and some were executed decades ago. Compensation was already handed out and a public apology was already made.

They've already paid a steep price for that when the Americans nuked Hiroshima & Nagasaki. Casualties? Oh... just a quarter of a million people.
    I do agree for the most part. But, it does bother me that Japanese schools are omitting a lot of WW2 atrocities by Japan, making it look like they were merely victims during that war.

To be fair, not many Americans know about the Fil-Am War of 1899 where many Pinoys were butchered by US soldiers. Nor was there much insight to the Battle of The Bismarck Sea aftermath. So, it's not only Japan which conveniently omits misdeeds committed throughout history.

It falls on us to make sure succeeding generations of Pinoys do not forget what happened in the Philippines, if only to counteract the omitions in the history books by those countries. I mean we're all friends now. But, it still pays to be vigilant lest the lessons learned are forgotten.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; November 27th, 2006 at 09:38 PM.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by xto View Post
    nakonsyensya! ganyan naman talaga nasa huli ang sisi. but

we can't blame them, they just followed the chain of command.

kaya nagkaroon ng geneva convention nung 1949. naging kawawa

ang mga POW.
    What's surprising is that the Japanese also disobeyed their superiors. Yamashita had ordered Manila to be abandoned completely. Yet, a sizeable Japanese naval detachment refused to follow his orders and decided to fight it out in the city , looting, raping, and murdering in the process.

What's also surprising is that Japanese naval detachment was the same one in Cavite City. I remember both my great grandmother and my grandmother saying that these soldiers were extremely disciplined and didn't mistreat Pinoys unlike those in the Japanese Imperial Army. But, these were also the same troops that committed the orgy of rape, murders, and looting in Manila and forced US forces to blast them out in heated house to house combat which left Manila in ruins.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Japan conducted experiments on Filipinos during WW2