New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by JackFlash View Post
    Spot on with all those pet peeves. If I may add no. 27. The pedestrian lane blocker. Malas mo lang if you observed proper driving etiquette by stopping short of the pedestrian lane when the lane blocker cuts in front of you as you wait for that green light. He'll hog the pedestrian lane when the light is red, atat na atat anticipating the green light. Doesn't give a damn about the pedestrians who have to snake their way around his car so they can cross the street quickly. Then when the light turns green, ang bagal naman pala umarangkada.
    Yeah very true. I would think a '50 pet peeves' articles wouldn't be too hard to do.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    There's an elementary school (public school) that i pass almost every morning and the students disregard the traffic signs when crossing. Basta tatawid, tatawid and they really cause traffic since the stoplights on the road are synchronized. Ang bababata pa and yet, so oblivious to basic rules already. I actually want to drop by that school once and let that be known to the principal.
    That'd be a good move, bro. I'm sure he or she would take note of that complaint/feedback.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    Re: conterflow drivers ... what I really like to do is drive up to them head-on, until my front end is just inches away. So they cannot turn and block right of way traffic. As they reverse, I also inch forward .. until such that they near the end of the traffic line, that's the time I let-up. I am more pleased when the commotion gets the attention of the buwaya traffic enforcers, sigurado huli lahat na nag counterflow.
    Oh I wish I could do this. In my case, what I commonly get are counterflowing motorcycles along Libertad and Sheridan streets in Mandaluyong. Dahil traffic ang direksyon nila, plus maliit sila with some space to fit, pipilitin nila. I usually stick to my lane, which is closer to the center than to the side. Naaawa ako sa side mirror ko though, kung tamaan ang helmets nila. Kaya I would have wanted to install a steel pipe/bar below my side mirror. Hehehe! Saves the side mirror housing. Ang sumalubong, baliktad! Will work for opposing cars side mirrors as well.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    ... mga pedestrian na kung tumawid eh akala mo naglalakad sa ilalim ng buwan. Take note! While the pedestrian "stoplight" is red! Tapos kapag binusinahan mo kasi green yung ilaw for the cars, sila pa etong may ganang magalit.
    Pedestrian-related also: Despite facilities that are built to ensure safety, there are morons who cross under footbridges, over underpasses and clamber over lane dividers. Some even have their kids in tow. There should be a sign in these areas that read, "Pag nasagasaan ang tumatawid dito, walang pananagutan ang motorista. Mga tanga kasi kayo dahil di niyo ginamit ang tamang tawiran." "May namatay na dito" doesn't seem to deter them because they think that motorists are always liable and can be asked to settle out of court by paying for the life or limb of the victim.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123