New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    I was surfing the net this morning at our field office here, when I stumbled across a forum where they discuss cheesy songs.

So, what's the most cheesiest song you heard while you're driving but you can't seem to change the channel/frequency or the track, and/or you found yourself singing to the tune?

I'll start. Mine was "Hey" by Julio Iglesias. At the middle of the song, I found myself singing my lungs out and gesturing with my free hand. Shame on me but dagnamit, I felt gooood!!!

So what's your cheesy song?

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    i enjoy listening to love songs lalo na ung classics na.. but for me, this is too cheesy.

Temporary Madness by Jodie Brooke Wilson

"two trees that grow together
    til the roots are inseparable ...

your falling in love
    temporary madness fills your heart
    cupid's arrow cuts right through you ..
    sentimental fool that's who you are ..."

mushy, mushy!!

3. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    english song: don't tell your girlfriend about me by julia fordham

"don't tell me to stop crying please just hold me as i do...
    ...don't tell your girlfriend about me, cause your girlfriend won't like girls like me"

sapul pag galing kang one-night stand.

filipino song: i don't know the title, but the first line goes "hating-gabi, di pa, makaidlip..." parang old ballad, heard it over lite rock or mellow touch ba yun (forgot why i was tuned it at that time, hehe) pero yun, nakapark na ko sa garahe pero ayaw ko pang bumaba, talagang tinapos ko pa yung kanta...

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    Ano ba ang ibig sabihin ng "cheesy" song? Sorry ha, pang-hardcore metal kse ako eh. :praning:

5. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Tom Petty's Free falling ;)

And I'm a bad boy cause I don't even miss her
    I'm a bad boy for breakin' her heart
    And I'm free, free fallin'
    Yeah I'm free, free fallin'

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    OT:

The meaning of "cheesy"? Ummm...subjective eh: depende sa subject. Like, sa mga songs, yung melodramatic, maudlin, sentimental, corny, sappy, tacky, dated, etc. Yun bang mga kanta na would be most open to good-natured bantering or ridicule. Depende din sa tastes ng person: one might be cheesy to me, might not be cheesy to other people.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Stinkaboy: 'lam ko din yang kantang yan. If I'm not mistaken, I sang to that tune once, a long time ago. If I remember correctly, nasa Love Bus ata or MMDA bus ako nun (yung parang mini-bus), tapos Tom Petty yung tape nung driver. I found myself sining loudly to the song. Yun palang mga nasa immediate seats na malapit sa akin, either tumatawa na or tinitingan ako na parang "Nakow! May luko-luko tayo na kasakay." :lol:

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    basta kanta ni barry manilow .. cheesy ..

9. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Songs they play sa 100.3 fm during sundays

10. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Mushi Mushi
    Ano ba ang ibig sabihin ng "cheesy" song? Sorry ha, pang-hardcore metal kse ako eh. :praning:
    According to American Dictionary, Cheesy means;

Of poor quality, shoddy, made of or containing inferior material, reprehensible, shabby, conspicuously and cheaply imitative.

But some it may be "mushy" meaning excessively sentimental or displaying amorous affection.

For me, cheesy songs are unpleasant copy cat versions of old and classic love songs.

Some Regine V. songs are cheesy to me though I have a few collections of my own in my PC.:D

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
It's cheesy but......