New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Black ice almost got me in southeastern Oregon on my way to Boise, Idaho (starting from Fallon, Nevada). Went charging up a hill in my Laser. When I cleared the summit and started going downhill, my car started yawing left and right and turned diagonal on the road. I instinctively knew what it was and avoided the brakes, hoping to slow down. But, there was no slowing down on a downhill. I managed to straighten out. But below, at the base of the hill, was a jacknifed semi on its side taking up the whole opposite lane and a line of cars and suv's on the shoulder of my lane with their drivers helping to take out the semi driver. That whole downhill road was covered with black ice. All I could do was honk my horn and watch as the people below scattered to avoid me. I managed to squeeze in the space between the semi and the line of cars which was around 3 car lengths. That's not much when my car's sliding by at an estimated 80 mph. My car slid into the shoulder which had a couple feet of snow and slid another 300-400ft. The next uphill finally slowed my car to a stop.

I let the car stall and was just numb and shaking hard. I remember thanking God for keeping me alive for one more day and promised never to speed again, ever. Then I looked at myself and I was drenched in sweat like someone threw water at me. I looked between my legs to make sure I didn't piss in my pants. Can't tell. Too much sweat.

One of the bystanders called out to me if I was okay. I said I was shaken, but ok. They then went back to help the semi driver who apparently was injured.

I then continued on to Idaho where the road conditions turned nice as soon as I cleared the mountain at the stateline.

Gee. That was back in 1993. I still remember every second.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Black ice... daming ganyan na accounts talaga...

One time I was riding with a friend of mine in his 3-series, then while we were trying to exit I93 we gradually switched lanes from the 3rd to the onramp, we were going around 40mph or so only, then right before entering the onramp, my friend lightly tapped the brakes and the car started to fishtail...

First winter palang namin nun kaya di din alam gagawin, then a biga$$ semitanker was honking us as we were facing the oncoming traffic na, we spun and the semi missed us sa passenger side nya and we spun back to the right direction... then we rolled the car off the ramp and nagstop kami sa gas station hehe, sobrang tulala.

Lesser degree naman one time I was driving my old Cherokee, na worn out na yung tires.

Going downhill papuntang school, the 1st entry gate is 30mtrs from the start of the decline. I tapped the brake and di huminto, nagglide lang yung gulong. Pinabayaan ko nalang, hopefully may grip na pagdating sa second entrance (which is about 100mtrs down the hill), eh nagincrease ang momentum.. So lalong di huminto...

Luckily the base of that hill paliko na ng mga 70 deg to the left. Kung di ka makaliko, ok lang kasi yun yung parking lot ng baseball field ng school, so I had around 500meters of empty slush and gravel space to slow down...

Dun ko na pinark and bumili ako ng snowtires :P

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    malapit na tumigil mag snow dito sa s. korea yay..
    i love snow when its less than a day old
    pero pag inaapakan na at nagiging muddy ice nakakainis
    and delikado nga yung black ice
    last week i slipped on a patch and fell flat on my back.. sobrang sakit

but this weekend i started loving snow again.. kakagaling ko lang mag snowboarding..first time ko hehehe wheee :D

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Chip: Ano gawa mo dyan? Just wondering.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by EL Chicane
    Masarap yung mga tipong 8-10 C lang ang lamig. Pero kung kagaya rin lang sa Ukraine na -35, wag na! Balik na tayo sa Pinas!!!!

sarap pala sa ukraine. pag-hatsing at singa mo, yelo agad lalabas. ouch!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    *theveed: taking up my master's. got a scholarship courtesy of the korean govt . kaso yari pa rin ako sa living expenses hehehe

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I see... Puti ba mga chicks hehe.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hehe oo maputi at sobrang kinis. pero walang curves- as flat as the salt plains. :D and after a while nakakasawa seeing the same 'kind' of beauty.

pinay pa rin :D pinapakita ko nga sa mga classmate ko dito yung kagandahan ng pinay e.. . gusto nila lahat pumuntang pinas hehe

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by M54 Powered
    bosing, konting biyahe ka lang to Park City, UT. perfect conditions!!!

was there two weeks ago for business, sayang di ako nakapag-detour
    sinabi mo. utah probably have the best snow, light and fluffy. been to snowbird a couple of times, and both times, as you said, were perfect. lalo na sa early spring. but i won't have time to take trips this year. bago lang sa trabaho, wala pang accrued vacation. so i'm hoping that we get some quality snow sa reno/tahoe area so we could take a few day trips.

sayang nga, di ka naka-ride, kahit half-day lang.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Isnow...