New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Hi,

Anyone can recommend quality and reasonable price for PVC Windows/ Doors?

And mas OK ba talaga ang PVC against aluminum?

Thanks in Advance! =)

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    Lots of players now in the uPVC window market. Most of these companies acquire window profiles imported from China or Europe (both rebranded locally).

You can start browsing at Wilcon, MC Home Depot or CW Home depot. There are companies there that have their own showrooms. But most of these are on the lower end of the market. The ones I have tried are Kenneth & Mock (German profile) and Portal East (China Class A profile).

Aluminum is being used less and less in the new houses.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    up for this thread. how "better" is uPVC versus Aluminum? are they more affordable? thanks

4. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Upvc (china or local like vignet) is generally more expensive than the typical aluminum profiles found in similar mom and pop shops. Hinde na maganda aluminum ngaun unlike in the early 70's to 90's na makakapal ang profile. Now aluminum is maninipis and magagaan therefore pag malakas ang hangin ay nagshashake and maingay. Prone to leaks din aluminum unlike upvc wherein welded ang joints and mas weather proof. Less din ang vibrations to none pag malakas ang hangin and mas maganda ang glide nia pag sliding and pag open nia pag casement and awning. Upvc also comes in different thicknesses. For vignet brand there is sl300 thinnest to sl3000 plus, sl4000 sl5000 thickest.

Now upvc is usually warranted for 10 years. The thing is, it hasnt been 10 years since maging popular ang upvc. So we really dont know how long it can last in our hot weather. So far ive been using upvc's in my projects the past 4 years wala naman ako problem pa. Ask me again after 10 years.

Aluminum i wont use if direct hit ng rain and walang canopy or eaves na malapad. Nagleleak kasi.

If you still want aluminum, duralco is the trusted manufacturer. But its expensive. If upvc is budgeted at 200k in a typical house, same schedule in duralco aabot mga 600k-800k. Hehe but its nice.

An expensive upvc supplier would be kenneth and mock. Aabot 1m for a typical house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by dcph172; October 2nd, 2014 at 02:10 AM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    Lots of players now in the uPVC window market. Most of these companies acquire window profiles imported from China or Europe (both rebranded locally).

You can start browsing at Wilcon, MC Home Depot or CW Home depot. There are companies there that have their own showrooms. But most of these are on the lower end of the market. The ones I have tried are Kenneth & Mock (German profile) and Portal East (China Class A profile).

Aluminum is being used less and less in the new houses.
    Yes, I have been researching and I am currently comparing quotes from 2 companies with their products. Both from Europe as from what their sites say. Dun lang sa isa is may concern ako since the sliding door and windows on their showroom has that squeak/ noise when you operate them.

Based from your experience, is this normal? I am expecting a quiet window/door when you operate them.

Also, the other company said that their seals, screws, etc. for installing is also from europe while the other is local.

Many thanks!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    So far sa researches ko with upvc vs aluminum, uPvc wins. Correct me na lang if I am wrong with this statements. =)

- Aluminum is not heat/cold resistant daw while uPvc is a good insulator. So no problem with heat getting in the room.
    - Mas madali daw mabend aluminum (though siguro explanation by sir dcp na manipis na gawa ngayon). Though preferred ang aluminum for buildings, since magaan.
    - Mas hindi daw nagbabago aesthetics ng uPvc.

Mahal pala ng Kenneth & Mock. Hehe.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sobrang mahal ng Kenneth and mock, meron nag install ng ganyan ka price na ng isang bahay just for the window trimmings.

Sent from my iPad using Tsikot Car Forums

#retzing

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    You get what you pay for. Kenneth & Mock looks expensive but the movement and quality of their accessories (hinges, etc..) are better than the other brand I tried.

The only negative about K&M is that some of their simulated wood pvc tend to peel (bec. the wood design is laminated onto the pvc profile). But they have great service. Either they will fix it or replace the damaged portion.

RE: Alu vs pvc

- Pvc, by nature, tend to have a thicker window profile. So if the design of the house calls for thinner windows frames then pvc might not do (functionally, yes. aesthetically, no).

9. Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Utench has been working in the north of Chine since 2008. All segments of work, from the development and preparation via manufacture to assembly are done in house.
    A company that started working as a small firm is now a worldwide operating company with above than 20 countries exporting experience. But there is a thing that hasn’t changed, the hunt for complete perfect and finest quality work. It is our clients, their desires and requirements, who are at the center of whatever thing we do.
    Upvc and Aluminum Products
    Top hung windows
    Arched windows
    Horizontally-sliding sash windows
    Bi-folding door
    Casement door
    Turn, tilt, turn/tilt windows
    Fixed sash windows
    Folding window
    Vertically-sliding sash windows
    Heavy-duty sliding door

10. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Kenneth&Mock isn't a manufacturer brand but a Ph Door & Window supplier that brought Kommerling Windows to our shores. Initially, they carried Rehau Windows.
    The current generation of Kommerling sections have evolved & improved significantly from their early ones. The seals, insulation(thermal & acoustic), colour fastness, uv resistance, hinges, slides are just time-tested superior. The added premium here is Kenneth&Mock's service(both pre & aftersales). From experience, their turnaround has always been quick....consistently professional.Inquiry on Pvc, Aluminum Windows and Doors
    Other good brands we have had our hands on were Deceuninck & Pella. Great products but their domestic presence & support were not up to K&M's.
    The chinese copies have come a long way. The best test for these products is always time in the tropics.....Yet to see 1 that's aging as well as those mentioned above. You get what you pay for....but I really would welcome surprises.Inquiry on Pvc, Aluminum Windows and Doors

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk