New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by purple0rkid
    use FedEx delivery services. mabilis pa.
    I always use DHL. No problems with customs.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by kinyo
    If you are a Pinoy in the US, specifically L.A., how would you send a small item (say, a hard disk for laptop) to the Philippines door-to-door?
    u say L.A., try FOREX... had numerous experience on this company for the past years and not a single item lost or damaged..

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by kinyo
    Please forgive me if this is off-topic from original question on this thread, but I do need some help from you pinoys in U.S.. But my question also starts with same phrase:

If you are a Pinoy in the US, specifically L.A., how would you send a small item (say, a hard disk for laptop) to the Philippines door-to-door? Iirc, a (pinoy?) company was mentioned here in tsikot forums sometime ago that does this without having to go thru the hassle of customs/taxes. I forgot the name of the company.

Yes, I do need to replace my kumander's HP Omnibook800CS's hard disk but we can't find a replacement here. The current type of disks don't work because the laptop is a very old model so we are asking her bro in L.A. to buy there. Buying a new laptop is not practical, besides the omnibook serves her very well.

I really need your help. Kindly tell me the name of the company or whatever suggestions you have to ship the hd.

Thanks a lot!

Here's my suggestion.

A new laptop harddrive will cost you more or less $100 bucks. Fedex shipping to the Phils from the US will be another $100 or more.

You can buy a used P3 laptop for $200 to $300 bucks with better spec than your old Omnibook. So, if i were you, why not just get a better one?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Saan po pwede makabili ng 2nd hand laptop?

Bumigay na laptop ko, pang internet ko lang naman gagamitin.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacoma_34
    bagay ba pag naka american muscle ka?
    Nakakita ako ng unanong nakaviper.seryoso ako. bumaba pa nga sa walmart.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by airshaq20
    Here's my suggestion.

A new laptop harddrive will cost you more or less $100 bucks. Fedex shipping to the Phils from the US will be another $100 or more.

You can buy a used P3 laptop for $200 to $300 bucks with better spec than your old Omnibook. So, if i were you, why not just get a better one?
    It's a long story why replacing the omnibook is not pactical. Let me just say that kumander don't want anything heavier or larger than the omnibook. Try looking for a notebook less than 1.8 kg, with parallel port, and operates on 12VDC adapter. Replacing the HD for $200 is still best for her.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
If you are a Pinoy in the US