New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    About a year ago my former boss, a middle-aged woman with a petite frame, was walking along V.Luna when some men in a white Corolla snatched her handbag. Unfortunately, since the strap of the bag was intertwined with her arm, she was unable to let go of the bag; this resulted in her being dragged for several meters before she managed to wrestle her arm free.

You should still consider yourself fortunate, gretzy. My former boss had to undergo an operation for a fractured hip bone, and she still walks with a crutch to this day.

And to answer your question on what places remain safe: Safety comes from prudence, from constant awareness of your surroundings, and from having the skill to respond to dangerous situations.

Stay safe, peeps.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sorry to hear that maam
    like they all said, be thankful nlang na ur ok.
    theres no place safe na these days, kaya ako sinusundo ko na sis ko from the office whenever she does some OT, mahirap na e.

sayang, if those bastards were just a lil more stupid and forgot to cover their plates, patay yan sa goon squad.

3. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    im not dropping my summer subjects, practicum na ko may pa naman ang start eh

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    my teammate was stabbed and killed years ago inside UP Campus, when he fought off men attempting to rape his gf..

still be thankful miss gretzy because nothing as serious as that happened..

5. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    ic
    Last edited by boydapa; April 16th, 2004 at 07:38 PM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    may security seminar dito sa dept namin participated in by around 200 security guards from entire U.P. Diliman... this is supposed to intensify their crime prevention efforts ironically may breaking news ang police chief kanina na may nanakawan daw na babae, yun magnanakaw gamit daw puting kotse( yun nagbato ng msg to block the exit at cp garcia ogags di man lang sinabi kng anong make, brand o model ng kotse di nagkaintindihan ogags) at ang mas ogags pa ayon kay hepe ay binuksan yun gate ng cp garcia ng nagbabantay kaya ayun nakatakas---may dumaan na puting kotse... tinangal na daw nya sa pwesto yun dahil mukhang kasabwat, kasi wala dapat dumadaan sa exit na yun dead end na yun... sabi ko ang malas naman ng babaeng yun, ang liit talaga ng mundo di ko akalain ikaw pala gretz yun---it is sad to know. sana mahuli na yun.. forget abt wat happened next time ingat na ok

7. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Originally posted by yamyam
    my teammate was stabbed and killed years ago inside UP Campus, when he fought off men attempting to rape his gf..

still be thankful miss gretzy because nothing as serious as that happened..
    Yamyam, sorry to hear about what happened to your teammate. this is exacty what scares me. I'm planning to go back home to the Pinas for medical school.

Ang girlfriend ko ay americana gustong kasma umuwi at gusto niyang magaaral sa UP, to get her masters degree. Being a foreigner, How well would she fit in on campus? How safe it it for her?

Gretzky, hope you feel better. Glad to here that you are safe worst things could have happened.
    Last edited by peterock17; April 16th, 2004 at 10:32 PM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sad thing is wala man lang tumulong sa iyo. iba na talaga mga kabataan ngayon. Talagang everyman for himself

Our society is really pak up. Mas ok pa talaga sa probinsya. Leave Metro Manila to the squatters i say. Majority ng Petite crime kagagawan ng kahirapan

9. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    i've taken my undergrad degree (compsci), graduate degree (mba) and soon to finish 2nd graduate degree (Mtm) in up diliman. the problem with the diliman campus is that the street lights are not in good shape which makes it dangerous for joggers as it is quite dark. UP is such a big place that it cannot be policed properly with the small security contingent inside the campus.
    although this incident is quite unfortunate, UP is normally a safe place but of course, it is not exempt from the poor crime and safety situation that is endemic to the metro manila. I am sure that the crime is committed by outsiders

10. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    im in bicol already, i arrived this morning.

grabe talaga kamalasan ko, last night, kulang pa money ko for my bus fare, i didnt know na nagtaas pala ng 30% ang pamasahe and the only money that i have then is P800, i lost my atm cards together with my bag and i dont have a phone and any contact number of my friends to ask for help. the bus fare is P870. naiiyak na talaga ko dun, i just begged the bus conductor that i will just pay the rest of the amount when i get back to bicol kc susunduin naman ako ng dad ko. buti pinayagan ako pero naiiyak na talaga ko sa awa sa sarili ko.

i'm so glad to be home now. thank u guys for making me realize that i should be thankful that im still alive! :D

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
i was robbed inside the campus!