New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    climate change huh??? i think its time for them to take the lead in reducing greenhouse gases emissions. tutal mayaman naman sila. they have the resources (not like india and the rest of the 3rd world nations) needed to adjust and compensate for the economic impacts of reducing emissions of GHG. may pera nga sila pang gyera sa ibang bansa, dapat meron din sila for the environment. anyway, politica din kasi kaya ganun ang tingin nila sa kyoto protocol.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by bilog
    kala ko di binabaha ang america... Iba talaga si mother nature.
    oo naman... pero iba lang talaga ang dahilan kung bakit binaha.
    diba sa Pinas, kaya binabaha eh dahil sa maling pagtapon ng basura? na-block yung drainage system.
    dito din, pero dahil yun sa mga na-anod na gamit nung mga big waves + pati todong buhos ng ulan.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    grabe talaga ang hagip ng bagyong ito, i hope those areas will be able to recover in due time

i can't help but think though that the intensity of this storm and the storm systems in recent years are in part a product of global warming. in the following years, will we be seeing more and more killer storms like this one?

ano rin kaya effect nito sa presyo ng gasolina locally (dito sa atin)? sana naman hindi umabot ng P45 or 50 per liter, yikes!

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    .. it's mother nature's way of trying to heal itself .. wake up call for us who are abusing her ..

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Well, I think storms will just get stronger and stronger, as more coastline cities develop, so will casualty in lives and property...

Live inland, hello tornados hehee

6. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    The gas prices went up like crazy in the past few days. I paid almost $70 to fill up my Explorer today..sucksssssssss.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    couple of comments...

iba nga ang construction dito. my parents house in Pasig is solid concrete, steel and marble. the only thing that's wood are the doors and decorative stuff. my house in FL is concrete outside and the load-bearing walls are big concrete posts encased in wood walls. the building code for all of Florida is designed to have all houses and buildings stand up to hurricanes - we learned our lesson from Andrew. the Gulf states don't have those type of hurricane-resistant guidelines, i believe. also, there is no building code that will protect you against a 20-ft flood. blame the founder of New Orleans for building the city in that spot.

re: climate changes, it definitely seems to be true about the frequency of these things. last year, i personally was hit by 4 (!!) hurricanes in south florida. before it was like 1 every 15 years. this hurricane season is not even halfway over and we have already seen 11 hurricanes (including Katrina) in the Atlantic

8. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    pano ba na-form ang hurricanes at bakit parati dyan lang sa area na yan tumatama

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Looters Beware!

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Hope we don't see this here

Cars line up at a rare open station in Mobile, Alabama, in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina September 1, 2005. REUTERS/Marc Serota

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Hurricane Katrina aftermath in pics