New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by roninblade View Post
    humbling experience? everyday. when i see how many people i pass on the streets that have so much less than i have. makes me thankful to God and my family.
    Amen. Maraming pictures sa mind ko, inaalala ko bawat nakaaawang tao na nakikita ko sa kalsada para kapag pakiramdam ko pinagdaramutan ako ni Lord, mapahiya ako sa sarili ko.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I find it funny that people reply that they're humble. Isn't it that if you're humble, dapat di niyo na sinabi? (not starting a debate here, baka mainis si Niky hehe)

Losing somebody is a humbling experience, like when my grandma passed away a few weeks ago. Anything you treasure, once it's lost and you know it will never come back, you realize you can lose something much more precious than what/who you just lost. And then you'll appreciate those you still have even more.

Having a conversation with an elderly relative (my dad's aunt loves to chat with me, pero I don't have much time anymore) is also humbling. They're genuine people who have the wisdom you have yet to learn and experience you have yet to undergo. While they may have traditional ways, that's partly the same reason they persisted and survived.

Bad days can also become humbling experiences. Ako when those days happen I like to reflect on what has just transpired, be alone, do something like fix my car, clean the room, be productive lang, etc just so I know I still have the capacity to do something despite the bad events.

Those "oo nga ano" moments are truly humbling as well. You thought you knew it all.

I could go on and on, but there are too many to list. Just naming a few off the top of my head.

Nice thread, by the way.
    Last edited by mbeige; October 26th, 2006 at 04:28 PM.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Helios
    as the philosopher once said, when we increase our knowledge, we see how little we know. we see how much we still have to learn. and once we really know a lot, we can safely say: "I know that I know nothing." Isn't that a paradox as well?

ah, Aristotle; i remember you well B)

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    di naman sila nagre-reply siguro para magyabang na humble sila, sinasabi lang nila na minsan ang tingin nila sa sarili nila ay mataas pero dumating ang araw na nalaman nila na kaya pala nila na magpakumbaba. nasa bumabasa siguro kung ano ang interpretasyon.

nuon mayabang ako. sagad. UP grad, engineering. nung nag-graduate ako pahirapan maghanap ng trabaho kaya di lang minsan namin naranasan ng mga ka-batch ko na tatanungin kung sino ang UP grad, at pagkatapos ay sasabihan yung mga ibang aplikante na pwede na silang umuwi at mga graduates lang ng UP ang tatanggapin. well, maipagyayabang kong sabihin na ni isa sa aking mga ka-batch ay hindi nagdalawang-isip na tumayo na rin at umalis. sa totoo lang nakakahiya kasi maging UP-grad kung ganun ang gagawin.

sa hirap ng trabaho sa pilipinas ay nag-abroad ako. saudi. site engineer sa king saud university ang title pero all-around technician ang tunay na trabaho. all-around, as in jack of all trades. sama dun ang magkumpuni ng kubeta at imburnal. nung minsang nagbara ang imburnal ay nataon pa naman na inutusan ko ang aking 2 tubero sa isang site na malayo sa riyadh. e di syempre ako yung lider, e di follow myself. umasa ako na pag nakita ako ng iba kong trabahador ay tutulungan nila ako. e di nga naman nila trabaho yung mag-alis ng bara ng imburnal kaya nagtakbuhan lahat at ako lang ang naiwan. ako ang lider, sa akin ang responsibilidad. sa madaling kwento ay sugod syempre, kaya ko yun, *** LANG E, ano papatalo ako no way ba! e pagdating ko sa kalagitnaan, sa alala ko ay manhole #13 yata (para naman sabihin natin na malas talaga di ba, saka para mas maganda ang kwento) e lampas tao na ang lalim ng butas. baba ang mayabang na yebo na sa oras na yun ay naka-sampung suka na sa baho at sa laki ng mga ebak ng arabo na nakita. e yun palang bara ay wala pang isang metro ang layo sa butas kaya nung sinundot e agad bumususok. ligo ang mayabang na yebo sa pinaghalong tubig ng kusina at kasilyas. bagamat naiiyak at nagagalit sa sarili bakit inabot ng ganun ay masaya na din pagkatapos dahil naisip ko na kahit ano pa man ang aking marating ay habang buhay kong nasa isip na minsan ako ay naligo sa imburnal. at kung kaya ko yun e di hindi ako magugutom dahil kahit kelan ay wala akong trabahong aatrasan. ok, yun lang. yabang pa rin no?

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeige
    I find it funny that people reply that they're humble. Isn't it that if you're humble, dapat di niyo na sinabi?
    on the contrary; we are humble enough to admit(and post) our most humbling experiences :D

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    oist people of tsikot..iba ang ibig sabihin ng humbleD sa humble, ha.

diko tinatanong kung humble ka o mayabang. tinatanong ko yung mga experiences na na "humbled" ka...mukhang mamimis interpret tayo nito.hehehe

ninong yebo...iba ka talaga!herhehrerh

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    I find it funny that people reply that they're humble. Isn't it that if you're humble, dapat di niyo na sinabi?
    ahihihi :hihihi:

Glenn, pinagdaanan ko din yan. ewan ko sa Canada but here in the US it's common practice for kids/young adults to do an entry level job either while or right after they go to school. ako, lab ko talaga ang mga tsikot so i decided to take a job as an "apprentice" (alila? hehe) in an auto detailing/body shop, where i learned the trade.

the other temp job that i had was at a legal records firm - the companies that subpoena records and help plaintiff's attorneys build their case. ako yung taga-xerox at taga-bind, hehe. they stuck me in a back room with 3 girls and we would entertain ourselves by reading some of the more interesting cases - i would always make sure everyone saw the worst, most rotten.com worthy accident pics, and we would all giggle while reading the ***ual harrassment lawsuits :hihihi:

the interesting thing is that i was able to translate my first experience into my first "real" job as a franchise development manager for an automotive firm.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    kagabi ko pa iniisip kung ano makukwento ko sa thread na'to ah, up to now wala pa din.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    GlennSter, sa Canada ka pala. Have you always been there, or just recently?

My humbling experience was about two days ago. I went on a job interview. With my 8 years experience in IT, I was told I didn't have the experience they were looking for

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Helios View Post
    as the philosopher once said, when we increase our knowledge, we see how little we know. we see how much we still have to learn. and once we really know a lot, we can safely say: "I know that I know nothing." Isn't that a paradox as well?
    *helios: yup, for me its kinda like: the more we drink to quench our thirst; the more we get thirsty..

i'm thankful having stumbled on this early in my life which i believe is a humbling experience in itself because it was then that i realized that "each time we learn new things in life, it creates the awareness in us that there is now an exponentially far greater number of new things to learn"

for me, its an awareness that if we were to represent in terms of hierarchy, the amount of knowledge that each and everyone has learned, it would somehow form what seems to be an infinitely broad spectrum. and as what other tsikoteers here have mentioned, there will always be a lot more people out there much much smarter and knowledgeable than us..

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Humbling Experiences