New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 53 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3434950515253
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Manilablock View Post
    Sa isang elected offical:

1. The land owner my not even a registered voter in his area, and his vote only count as 1 (one)

2. Squatters on the other hand were already registered as voters, and taking sides with with squatters gives a politician some hope to win in the election.

Sa Philippines ang gumagawa ng illegal ay meron protection sa batas.
    kaya di maayos problema natin sa squatter, as long as politicians are able to use them they will do nothing about it.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
    Dyan pala nagre-rent ng kwarto yung guards ng branch ni missis. Umuwi yung isa ng maaga para silipin kung nadamay ang unit nila.
    Sa amin, janitor nadamay and his daughter works as a clerk at our office as well. Theyre soon transferring to a socialized housing project through Pagibig financing and the monthly amort is similar to what they pay to those syndicates running the place.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Social media is very, very full of armchair experts (and yes, we are likewise part of that). But it's also a very good source for information from people who have hands-on experience with day-to-day issues so it's always worth the open ear.
    But social media is always skewed towards the upper classes, because let's face it, bakit naman magpopost sa Tsikot/FB/Twitter si manong security guard na nangungupahan sa squatters area.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaNker View Post
    Yerp social media was never matapobre on this issue its all about what's right. Kung di mo lupa abay umalis ka.
    Sure. Ang daming posts na kung makasalita tungkol sa mga mahirap akala mo mas babang uri ng tao eh. Very few times have I seen people refer to the poor as their equals.

From an article I just stumbled upon:

Lastly, don't ever forget to congratulate yourself each time to make disparaging remarks about a person who happens to be poor. You’re a better human being for it.
    OPINION | Poor Judgment - InterAksyon.com

4. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Sa amin, janitor nadamay and his daughter works as a clerk at our office as well. Theyre soon transferring to a socialized housing project through Pagibig financing and the monthly amort is similar to what they pay to those syndicates running the place.
    For most of these minimum wage earners renting a space in a squatter colony what matters most are accessibility (riding a bike, a trike or just a few minutes walk from their places of work), flat rate monthly rentals (free meralco & water utility bills courtesy of illegal tapping / jumpers), worry-free feeling from yearly realty tax payment burdens, palibreng CCT stipend if qualified..ok na rito masasanay din pamilya ko pagdating ng araw...andyan naman si meyor na handang tumulong sa mga kagaya naming kapos sa biyaya..kung makaiwas hwag makaltasan ng SSS / GSIS contributions mas maganda..and all kinds of misplaced priorities they can hold on..

slum dwellers are the most vulnerable and easily duped with whatever false hopes they are subjected to..day in and day out these mistaken norms of survival are etch deeper into their minds..they are insulated from the facts of life and taken for a ride by self serving politicians..

Then reality comes..too late to pack up..ang sangkaterbang mga gamit na pinaghirapan all piled up into a heap of rubble and smoldering waste..back to square one ulit..

ok lang sana pero hindi na rin naman umaatras edad nyo nooh..

Ibang klase talaga..

5. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    But social media is always skewed towards the upper classes, because let's face it, bakit naman magpopost sa Tsikot/FB/Twitter si manong security guard na nangungupahan sa squatters area.

Sure. Ang daming posts na kung makasalita tungkol sa mga mahirap akala mo mas babang uri ng tao eh. Very few times have I seen people refer to the poor as their equals.

From an article I just stumbled upon:

OPINION | Poor Judgment - InterAksyon.com
    That's a telltale sign that you really don't have an ounce of understanding what's going around the real world, and human nature. Naalala mo ba ang SC thread? Bakit ngaba ayaw i-post ni Manong guard na nakatira sya sa squater?

Mas mababang uri ng tao? I know may mga matapobre talagang mga tao, pero ganyan ba kalala pagka ignorante mo? Comeback to me pag naranasan mong walang makain, di makapag bayad ng renta, ma putulan ng kuryente every month then gumanda ang buhay and found out na mas maganda ka kwentohan mga tricycle driver, utility personnel and the like kesa mga coño. Gusto mo akong pa torture??? Isama mo ako sa mga grupo ng coño.

Baka may 15 hectares din Parents mo, pa squat nyo. So you'll understand that when these squaters get better in life they'll have their former shanties now a concrete house rented, instead of moving out. Diba nga according sa mga article na pinost mo eh ok lang mang squat dahil mahirap nga.

Masyadong simpleton takbo ng utak mo.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Masyadong simpleton takbo ng utak mo.
    Nahiya naman ang simpleton kong utak sayo pards. :rofl:

Sa haba haba ng sinabi mo, ano ba point mo?

Oo, na-experience ko nang walang pambayad ng renta o kuryente. Oo, naexperience ko na makipag-kaibigan sa mga nakatira sa squatters area - at meron naman talaga sa kanilang mabubuting tao. Those very people are the ones that I feel for whenever people lambast squatters as if they were scum. And nanggaling rin ako sa mundong punong-puno ng conyo and I have never said that I prefer to be with them than people in touch with reality. I despise them more than you do perhaps.

I don't see how those questions are related to the discussion though - it just appears that you're so caught up with your rags-to-riches story (which you've mentioned way too many times already)

Para malinaw ha, ang gusto lang naman iparating ng isang simpleton na katulad ko ay:

A large number of our fellow Filipinos who are living in poverty as informal settlers are simply victims of an oppressive system where the government takes advantage of them, and at the same time where the opportunities for a better life that comes so easy for the upper classes are never made available to them no matter how they try.

There will be people who can get out of the rut, and I'm thankful that it happens, but it's more the exception than the rule. Also, there are professional squatters who maliciously take over vacant lots, and they too take advantage of the other people who happen to be poor and unaware of any alternative choices.

Am I saying that because they're victims of unfair circumstance, they should be allowed to take over land that isn't theirs? Of course not.

But these people will have nowhere to go and will have to completely start from scratch again if you displace them. However, it's not the responsibility of the landowners to consider their welfare (though that would be nice). It's the responsibility of the government - one of their main roles is to ensure an equitable society. So yes, it's the government's responsibility to give the underprivileged an opportunity to have not only housing, but jobs. Squatters complain that the places where they're asked to relocate are so far from their jobs, and that's true - because the government is being one-sided about it - you shouldn't just build houses, you should build a community where it's possible to make a living.

Ultimately it boils down to the fact that a large proportion of these government officials have no genuine concern for what happens to their impoverished countrymen, so long as they can manipulate them to vote so that they may stay in power.

People are directing their hatred and frustration towards the poor, when in reality it's the corrupt people in power who should be chastised. Magkano lang ba yung nawawala sa land-owner dahil may squatter community sa lupa niya, kumpara sa nawawala sa lahat ng Pilipino dahil binubulsa 'to ng mga nasa gobyerno?

7. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    A large number of our fellow Filipinos who are living in poverty as informal settlers are simply victims of an oppressive system where the government takes advantage of them, and at the same time where the opportunities for a better life that comes so easy for the upper classes are never made available to them no matter how they try.
    Mahirap din daw sya oh.

Aktibista! Kasalanan kasi ng Gobyerno, eh pano naman yung mga landowners? This thread is about the squaters simpleton, being poor gives you no right to take over peoples property.

Kunti lang post mo. Pag mahirap ka eh kasalanan ng Gobyerno!!! :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Mahirap din daw sya oh.

Aktibista! Kasalanan kasi ng Gobyerno, eh pano naman yung mga landowners? This thread is about the squaters simpleton, being poor gives you no right to take over peoples property.

Kunti lang post mo. Pag mahirap ka eh kasalanan ng Gobyerno!!! :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:
    It's not the government alone that are responsible for the status of the country - the people in power also include the slew of businessmen who've fallen for the all-consuming desire for profit, the influential media/opinion leaders who prefer to prioritize the mundane over more pressing issues, among others. Even I, and all other Filipinos who have the opportunity to resist such oppressive systems, am accountable for the lack of change in this nation.

Pero ikaw pards wala kang kasalanan at all, malupet ka eh.

Paumanhin at ako'y simpleton lang. Ikaw siguro sobrang taas ng pinagaralan mo, tapos sobrang sipag at galing mo, tapos sobrang enlightened mo at ang dami mo na sigurong nagawa para makatulong sa iba.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    It's not the government alone that are responsible for the status of the country - the people in power also include the slew of businessmen who've fallen for the all-consuming desire for profit, the influential media/opinion leaders who prefer to prioritize the mundane over more pressing issues, among others. Even I, and all other Filipinos who have the opportunity to resist such oppressive systems, am accountable for the lack of change in this nation.
    You're thinking so highly of yourself. Save the world? Peace on earth? :hysterical:

Pero ikaw pards wala kang kasalanan at all, malupet ka eh.
    This thread is about squating, I don't squat so wala talaga akong kasalanan. Pano na yan?

Paumanhin at ako'y simpleton lang. Ikaw siguro sobrang taas ng pinagaralan mo, tapos sobrang sipag at galing mo, tapos sobrang enlightened mo at ang dami mo na sigurong nagawa para makatulong sa iba.
    Isang di kilalang University sa South Cotabato ako nag tapos... Guilt trip won't work, sorry kiddo.

Page 53 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3434950515253
Huge Traffic Jam due to QC Squatter Demolition.