New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    I don't remember learning this as a kid since I really didn't get allowance from my folks - I learned how to save when I was in high school/college na so I was hoping for some help on how to teach kids the importance of saving. Saw this - https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...8675291&type=1 and I realized that I need to prepare since my kids are growing up na :P Any tips guys?

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    ipa-experience sa kanila ang hirap pag walang pera... wag sanayin or pahawakin ng malaking pera... dapat yung enough lang... or as much as possible wag bigyan... pagbaunin na lang ng food kung student pa..

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    By setting an example...period

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    first let them work for their rewards. kung may tinuro sa mall then say she/he will have to earn it. like cleaning their own rooms, setting the table, pag medyo malaki na washing dishes. and not just for a day, make it a month. at least. or if it is something that is really expensive then the work has to come with good grades. the opposite (just buying what they want without them working for it) instills a materialistic attitude and worse, they grow up spoilt. so if it is not for a birthday or christmass avoid buying. unless it is for the child's education, like a lap top.

another way is to give them a piggy bank. tell them that if the piggy bank gets full you will double the money, half of which goes to a kiddie bank account and the other half for her/him to spend. as you set savings goals for yourself do the same for them. ask them how much they think they can save for a year. later on you will find out na naging kuripot na ang anak mo hahaha! they do not even want to spend anymore, and at the end of the year instead of them spending the 50% they will be putting all in the bank account. warning: you might also find out that your kid will be waiting for you each day asking for loose change. do not encourage this, it is cheating. the savings should come from her/him, not from you.

5. Join Date
    May 2010
    Dati bingyan ako ng coin banks hanggang maipon haha.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    pwede din turuan panu magdiposit sa banko

7. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    open mo nang savings account.. then give them allowance for 1 week.. tapos yung matitira ask them to deposit sa account nila..

8. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    pag may gusto silang bilhin n gamit, sila nag iipon

9. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    i also agree na wag bigyan nang sobra sobrang baon.. magiging gastador lang yan.. mamaya puro lakwatsa pa..

10. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    ang lalaki na nga ng baon ng mga bata ngayon nun ako elementary 20 lang taz 50 na nun highschool ngayon 300-500 na baon ng mga bata ngayon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast