New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    A friend has a contract with his employer, with a bond of 100K, she's thinking of resigning, but she doesn't want to pay the bond since she feels its unfair.

The bond states that it is used by the company to recover from any training expenses that the employee has incurred.

Is is possible?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    :shock: Never heard of this before.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i think your friend signed up a contract when he/she was sent to a foreign training... but if there is no contract at all before the training, then it would be unfair and illegal to pay for something he/she is not aware of... you can contest this to your employer and get a graceful exit... devils advocate, the other way to get out without paying the bond, even though you signed up a contract, is to resign and forget the clearance/graceful exit... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: the only twist here is you can never got back to your former employer again :roll: :roll: :roll:

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    most employers nowadays do an amended or appended contract wherein pag may foreign training na medyo malaki expenses, they want an employee to stay for a certain amount of time just to recover costs.

although i am really against it, dahil it sorts of restricting the freedom of the employee to move on in case an opportunity to more forward is there, i would also have to go by it din. if you look at the side of the employer (or management perhaps), expense ang training, which means, it has to be recovered sooner or later. the employee that was trained should be able to recover the cost of training by applying the training to the daily operations of the company. it means that the company has the right to impose some monetary considerations in case the employee that was trained abroad resigns/terminates employment before the agreed period.

ang nakikita kong mali dito sa case na ito is that during the appending or amending of the contract before the training, the employee affected should have negotiated for a smaller bond sa employer. this is the case if there are no written guidelines (sa employees manual or such), before agreeing and signing with the terms of the training.

ngayon kung may fixed guidelines on these (including the amount of bond or the required period of stay), imho is that kung may malilipatan yung affected employee immediately after resigning from the company, pwedeng i-negotiate yan sa new company (with certain provisions and agreements again) to pay the former company the required bond amount (lalo na kung management position na yung affected employee).

also, kung walang written guidelines yung company tapos wala man lang coordination with the affected employee dun sa amending the contract, pwede syang mag-reklamo sa labor. the contract should be a two-way communication facility to seal the agreement eh. kung implemented without consulting the employee, medyo mali yun.

btw. i am a management employee kasi, and our company implemented this approach last year. medyo nagkagulo gulo initially eh. three of my current staff are affected by this change of guidelines.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    I was in the same predicament three years ago. Yes, it was because of my training sa Europe kaya may contract..medyo unfair dahil work related naman yung byahe at saka ibabalik mo din sa company yung natutunan mo..pero kailangan din nilang gawin dahil protection din nila..paano nga naman kung ipapadala ka tapos pagbalik mo resign kaagad..sayang naman yung investment sa iyo..

Ilang buwan na lang tapos na yung contract ko, kaso may opportunity talaga na di pwedeng palampasin, what I did was gumawa ako ng resignation letter tapos may another letter ako na ginawa sa company na sinasabi ko na "I am forced by circumstances" na kailangan ko na talagang magresign kahit na alam kong may contract ako, sinabi ko na yung sweldo ko ay hindi na kayang buhayin yung pamilya ko. Sinabi ko rin sa sulat na lahat naman ng natutunan ko sa training na binigay nila sa akin ay naishare ko na sa mga colleagues ko at ginawa ko naman lahat ng best effort ko before I tendered my resignation. Sinabi ko rin na alam ko na may contract ako sa kanila at may bond, I asked for reconsideration at sinabi ko na kahit gusto ko man silang bayaran ay wala din talaga akong pera.

Di naman sumagot sa akin at hindi na rin nila dinemand na bayaran ko yung bond. Pero yung ibang kasamahan ko na basta na lang nagresign at di na nagpakita at ni walang turnover na ginawa..yun ang hinabol..nagbigay ng demand letter pero ang balita ko..wala rin, di na rin nagpursige yung company namin..kasi pagaaksayahan pa ba nila ng panahon yung ganong bagay?

yun nga lang dapat aware yung lilipatan mo sa situation na yon..kasi pag nagverify sila dun sa company lalabas na hindi maganda ang exit mo..pero kung ok lang sa susunod mong employer at aware naman sila sa set-up na yon oks lang...

ganyan sinabi ko sa current employer ko bago ako lumipat at ok lang sa kanila..

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Actually mali talaga yang mga contracts na yan, though it's some kind of protection for the employers if you decide to leave without finishing your contract. First of all, wrong in the sense that they are sending you for training for their own use. It's not your choice anyway. They send you because you are qualified to do the job. If you look at it, it's all at their very own advantage. Your only advantage is that you were able to travel, but mind you, at your own expense. Now, is it really an advantage where they gained from your knowledge but you pay them back?

I've talked to a lawyer years back regarding this as we have the same case concerning my bro-in-law and he told me that if it goes through legal, the employer will lose. According to him this is some form of slavery or hostage or blackmail. A company cannot withold your quest for growth just because they paid your training expenses, which is actually for their own benefit.

I also have a cousin before who works with Smart. Same thing, he got a contract due to the training. He got a job abroad, but he cannot leave because of this contract. I talked to him and told him to ignore that contract and leave. Now he's happily working abroad.

For me, it's just a ploy where the employers is just protecting their investment, but it's one-sided and unfair for the employees. Everybody should share the risks and besides if they handle their employees fairly, they will gain their utmost loyalty.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ice cold, got the point. pero its how the way it goes. employers need profit and employees, employees need jobs... its a dog-eat-dog out there... pero i think its better than being laid off and having no work. no work means no money...

most people i know who cannot withstand management regulations just resigned, put their own business up and be their own boss.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    may question lang ako dun ha...bakit nabangit na training at ur own expense? what do u mean by that?

kasi diba pag training may matatangap kang allowance bukod sa salary mo sa pinas?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    igx. it seems your questions were still unanswered..
    my advise is first. try what barokbok did. baka magwork. if not, try to consult a labor lawyer. i'm sure there is a way out of this issue.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by killer_eyes
    may question lang ako dun ha...bakit nabangit na training at ur own expense? what do u mean by that?

kasi diba pag training may matatangap kang allowance bukod sa salary mo sa pinas?
    killer_eyes,
    Yes meron ka ngang allowance aside from your salary, but your contract price is calculated based on the expenses of your training and converted into years of service that you have to stay in your company. So in short, binabayaran mo rin yung gastos nila sa yo.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
How do you resign without paying a bond?