New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Every all...

I would just like to know if there is an agency whom we could go to regarding our ancestors, actually I would just like to help my wife find her lost parents. She was adopted (actually pinaalagaan lang yata) by her ninang when she was still a baby but since then she wasn't able to get in touch with them since that moment. We have her mother's name but we would like to know how we can get in touch with her and see each other - baka mayaman na sya or what , but the thing my wife just want to see her, or just want to know if she's still around.

I am not sure if NSO may help because most of their documents may not be that updated... or pwede kaya sa 'wish ko lang' ayaw lng namin kasi masyadong showbiz hehehe.

But anyways, thanks in advance for posting replies.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    try the nbi or the police, they might be on record. NOT that they have a bad record, maybe they needed to get an nbi or police clearance one time and then they will be on file.

if the adoption is legal the records might still be with the dswd. but what i know is that the dswd has a policy never to give the real names, and even if real names are known, addresses, of the real parents. this is to protect the real parents who might already have families of their own (like if the mother was a single parent and she does not want her family to know she had a child before). my mom used to handle adoptions when she was still with the dswd that's why i know. policy may have changed though, or different in your case. no harm in trying.

the best way to go about things like this is to go where they were last known to live. since they were the kumare of your wife's "mom" then she will know where. if it is a small town then that will be easy, they might still be there. ask the neighbors, they might know where your wife's parents moved even if they no longer live there. if you can afford it, getting a PI will be a help. they know how to trace missing people, and they have contacts that may not be available to the ordinary juan de la cruz.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hindi ata sa Wish ko Lang yung show tungkol sa nawalay na kapamilya. Iba ang title nun, hindi ko lang maalala ngayon kung ano.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Hindi ata sa Wish ko Lang yung show tungkol sa nawalay na kapamilya. Iba ang title nun, hindi ko lang maalala ngayon kung ano.
    Doc, 'Nagmamahal, Kapamilya' yun.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Lukso ng Dugo ata or something. i chanced upon it while riding a bus home. on channel 2

Best bet would be to visit the last place they were living at. If they moved, chances are the kapitbahays would know where.
    Last edited by badkuk; March 2nd, 2007 at 08:57 PM.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    kung legally adopted ..... try mong tingnan sa mga local gov. like sa city hall.... census is your last choice....... kung aalamin mo kung buhay pa..... dahil may death certificate kang makukuha doon.

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    pag ancestors ang hahanapin, sa National Archives.

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    ^^^ meron bang website ang national archives?maganda din kasing malaman kung ano ang nakaraan bago ka tumungo sa kinabukasan

sowri no help ako sa thread starter wala din ako idea

How do you find your lost ancestors?