New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2013

2. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    has anyone here tried using "toggle bolts" aka "butterfly anchors" to mount a TV Bracket on a gypsum board?

2PCS Toggle Bolt 3/16 x 5 inches ( 5 mm x 125 mm ) Galvanized also called Butterfly Anchor or Wing Bolt TGC | Lazada PH

3. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    IMO, gypsum boards are not load bearing. i used those on my ceiling hung light but magaan lang kasi ang ilaw. Which is why when I watch tutorials on youtube on setting up tv brackets, they always attach it sa post support ng drywall.

Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    has anyone here tried using "toggle bolts" aka "butterfly anchors" to mount a TV Bracket on a gypsum board?

2?PCS Toggle Bolt 3/16 x 5 inches ( 5 mm x 125 mm ) Galvanized also called Butterfly Anchor or Wing Bolt TGC | Lazada PH

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006

2PCS Toggle Bolt 3/16 x 5 inches ( 5 mm x 125 mm ) Galvanized also called Butterfly Anchor or Wing Bolt TGC | Lazada PH
    I have, for my TV in the bedroom. Just got the bolts from Lazada. It’s been a year, di pa naman nahuhulog yung TV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by papi smith View Post
    IMO, gypsum boards are not load bearing. i used those on my ceiling hung light but magaan lang kasi ang ilaw. Which is why when I watch tutorials on youtube on setting up tv brackets, they always attach it sa post support ng drywall.
    yes, may steel support yung wall. pero not sure if mag match sya sa available mounts ng TV Bracket.

kung hahanap naman ako ng gagawa. 100% sure akong gigibain yung wall to insert a new bracket.

just to share.

I have 2 TVs. 42 and 55
    yung wall mount ni 42 can only hold until 40 inches
    yung mount ni 55 can hold until 75

plan ko ilipat si 55inch sa mount ni 40inches, sadly di ko maalala max load (by weight nung bracket)

luma na yung 42inch TV ko and its actually 3kilos heavier than my 55inch TV.

so I think pwede ko na gamitin yung old mounts. worst case, dagdag ako ng screws sa wall using "butterfly anchors"

6. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    The tv bracket should screw into the metal studs of the drywall. Its easy to find them by knocking on the wall.

Ideally you get a tv bracket that has adjustable spacing for the bolt that attaches to the wall. These are quite cheap in Lazada or Shopee

Check youtube for “drywall tv bracket installation” most walls in the US are drywalls so there are plenty of tutorials.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Sa youtube, may detector sila na gamit to determine the position of the posts, di ko lang alam kung mahal, but with the influx of China products baka mura na lang.

yes, may steel support yung wall. pero not sure if mag match sya sa available mounts ng TV Bracket.

kung hahanap naman ako ng gagawa. 100% sure akong gigibain yung wall to insert a new bracket.

just to share.

I have 2 TVs. 42 and 55
    yung wall mount ni 42 can only hold until 40 inches
    yung mount ni 55 can hold until 75

plan ko ilipat si 55inch sa mount ni 40inches, sadly di ko maalala max load (by weight nung bracket)

luma na yung 42inch TV ko and its actually 3kilos heavier than my 55inch TV.

so I think pwede ko na gamitin yung old mounts. worst case, dagdag ako ng screws sa wall using "butterfly anchors"

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    sukatin nyo po.
    many brackets have multiple holes, to accomodate multiple mounting sizes.

gypsum ceilings.
    the workplace gypsum board ceilings are sagging because of the weight of the installed public address speaker.
    the speaker is not a heavy, high-dollar item. cheap-ish and magaan lang siya, and yet the board sagged after some time.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2015

If the desired or specific TV location won't allow the TV bracket to anchor securely onto wall stud studs, you may build a TV wall of 18mm boards for the bracket to screw on. DIYable if you're handy.
    Anchor or hang that board onto the studs securely.
    You may gap the TV wall a coupla inches away from the drywall to serve as your cabling cavity.
    Pic below shows a similar application. Red arrow points at the TV bracket. White arrow points at the hole to route the power, net, HDMI, audio-video lines or what have you between. Blue arrow=drywall. Note the speakers have no visible wires.
    This way, you won't worry of suddenly finding the TV on the floor broken....plus, most of the web of wires will be tucked away for a more pro-like install. Just my 2cents....

10. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Ano ba ang magandang sealant for polycarbonate roof? Ginamit ng contractor silicone sealant na clear. Looks fine sa joints ng sheets pero parang dumadami na ang leak dun sa portions na nakadikit sa wall.

May alternative pa ba?

House Renovation