New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Land availability is the key AFAIk. With Sofitel there's not much need for the land itself as the developments are ongoing at other reclamation parts.

Marami daw magagalit pag sinara yung Spiral.
    Tama! Lalo na ngayon election. Puto sign chit nanaman comelec officials diyan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    There is a problem vis-a-vis the so-called "heritage sites" insofar as it conflicts with private ownership. AFAIK, even if government declares a site to be a "heritage site" but it's privately owned, it cannot legally prevent the owners from tearing the structures on it down...unless government expropriates it.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Ayala Land has to put their money somewhere and they are running out of land... Look at Rockwell, they had to build on the last remaining open land (basketball court) in front of the mall...
    Last edited by Monseratto; October 12th, 2015 at 11:07 AM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Altis6453 View Post
    There is a problem vis-a-vis the so-called "heritage sites" insofar as it conflicts with private ownership. AFAIK, even if government declares a site to be a "heritage site" but it's privately owned, it cannot legally prevent the owners from tearing the structures on it down...unless government expropriates it.
    Holds true with the DMCI photobomber?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Holds true with the DMCI photobomber?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Yup. Till now, those asking for the demolition of Torre De Manila before the SC can't cite a specific law which protects sight lines of national monuments. They can't even cite international conventions stating that such sight lines are supposed to be protected. Kaya kita mo, puro motherhood statement at batikos laban sa DMCI lang ang ginagawa sa media.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    sa Turkey meron din ganung case, 3 luxury condo, pina demolish ng high court.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    sayang. the philippine bar association (pba) had its induction last month at the intercon with mar roxas as the inducting officer. i didn't know then it's already due for closure .

8. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Marami daw magagalit pag sinara yung Spiral.
    tayo?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12