New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Generally, if your car is fairly new and cost of repair parts are high or still high and you don't have a driving record/history yet, you would want to have comprehensive insurance coverage. This covers quite a bit of damage due to accidents and what nots. What it does not cover unless you pay a premium for it are "acts of God" like earthquakes and etc.
    A common misconception is that when you pay for comprehensive insurance is that you don't have to pay anything in the event of an accident.
    You do. It's called participation. This will vary from insurance company to insurance company and usually is no less than 2,500 pesos.
    And usually if your car is more two years old you also need to pay for parts depreciation if there are parts that need to be replaced.

If your car is old/er, it may be a better idea to be selective of what you want your coverage to be, particularly if you have your own "suking" service shop or talyer that you go to.

Read the insurance policy, talk to your (hopefully) knowledgeable and sympathetic insurance agent, who will take the time to explain it to you.
    There's a lot of insurance company's as well as insurance brokers out there and the key really is to find someone who can best serve your needs. If you need the number of a good insurance broker I can refer you a few whom, we've had good experience with.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ricasantos18 View Post
    Is there a problem with Malayan?
    My personal experience with them. This happened a long time ago, mid 90s. My dad had a new civic. Insured with them. 2 years no claim. On the 3rd year he had an accident. Replace bumper. They gave us a hard time before paying for it. When we were going to renew, the agent told me that they can not insure us cause we had a claim. I told her that its the 1st claim in 3 years and the amount is not even equal to the premium. She said sorry thats their policy. I told her that risk is part of the insurance game. If they cant accept risk or only want to get money, then they should not be an insurance company. I told her that the company can go to hell! They lost a customer.

I would have understood if we had several claims. But 1 claim in 3 years is not a basis to be considered high risk or uninsurable.
    Last edited by userfriendly; January 21st, 2008 at 09:40 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Hi Newbie Grrl with Newbie question