New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by bongliza View Post
    mga sirs, we are planning to buy a submersible pump for our deep well. depth is about 25meters, water level is about 15-20 during summer, tank level from well is about 8meters (mas mababa po ung well sa bahay namin), distance from well to the tank is approx. 30meters. 6-10 pers in the house.

please i need your advise on:
    1. pump size in HP
    2. anong brand po maganda? max budget is P15K
    3. what else do we need?

thanks po sa advise.
    Trouble of using subme pumps is yung stillness nya down there. Which will results into malabong tubig. The good thing is flow rate is very high compare sa jet pumps. If you can fix it securely downside for a try or comparison then, its ok.
    BTW, there are jet pumps sold out there na "high heads" for that invert elevation of water surface I think you need high heads jet pump. And also you need "circuit breaker" na para lang sa kanya.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by DiliKoAmericano View Post
    submersible runs cooler, and there is never a requirement for a foot valve for priming. If you can afford it, submersible is the way forward.
    I dont think running pressure from a submersible or mass water transfer pump of any type is an economical way to go, as you then need to just increase power to overcome the need for pressure. which is stupid.
    Personally, i use a 100 watt solar panel charging a lead acid battery powering a 12v 36 watt constant pressure pump, which i literally just pull the water out of the well with. (about 10 m deep, and i get flow of about 8 LPM)
    A constant pressure pump from your tank to the house would be the best solution if you need multiple faucets and toilet cistern etc, and for this you could get away with any power constant pressure pump.
    You then just need to be able to get the water to the tank, not under pressure, just get it there.

Read this document:
    https://www.ihs.gov/EHSCT/documents/...cises%20r1.pdf

Lift: Submersible pumps do not build pressure. They provide lift which overcomes head pressure.

Personally, i think a half a horsepower, or somewhere below 400 kw would get the water to the surface fast enough where it can be pressure pumped to the house with a separate pressure pump.
    thanks sir Americano, we actually have a tank. so the water drawn by the submersible pump would be going directly to the tank, then to the end users.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Archerfish View Post
    You need an expert for this. Aside from the required flow rate that you didn't mention, it is necessary that he should see the site. He needs to estimate the number of bends including the total height that the water will travel to compute for frictional losses as to get the total dynamic head.

In other words, you cannot simply ask how much horsepower you need to pump water at a certain height. There is no direct answer for this. It all depends​ on your requirement, i.e., the number of people who will use it, the amount of water that you will need in an hour or in a day.

As I'm not an expert, someone might give you an answer if there exist a rule of thumb for every "X" meters per HP.

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    there's an issue with the system being presented here... the system will not be in auto mode.

there's a need for a guy to watch when the tank is filled up.

suggest to use a deep well type gould pump. all you need is to use in combination with a big volume pressure tank.
    you can adjust the output pressure thru the pressure switch but of course seek the service of an experienced technician.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by bongliza View Post
    thanks sir, what is "constant pressure pump"?
    My guess is that it refers to water pressure at the faucet. You need the right pump to maintain that pressure just like what our water district provides.
    Wrong pump may result in fluctuating pressure especially kung sabay sabay ang gagamit.

Pero kung may tanke kayo, hindi critical yung const pressure, IMHO.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumusut_Amige View Post
    there's an issue with the system being presented here... the system will not be in auto mode.

there's a need for a guy to watch when the tank is filled up.

suggest to use a deep well type gould pump. all you need is to use in combination with a big volume pressure tank.
    you can adjust the output pressure thru the pressure switch but of course seek the service of an experienced technician.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
    or just install the pump above the ground, with pressure tank and pressure switch, in the usual manner.
    heh heh.
    Last edited by dr. d; July 15th, 2018 at 08:43 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12