New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    I really deserve my name.

I suck at GT4! I can only get bronze licenses and lose at most races. I don't have credits from previous GT3 so I have to work from scratch.

I bought the '92 evo and got it up to 306 bhp.... pero I often lose control. I suck. I hope this does not reflect my real driving skills. Now I'm scared to go to the BRC.... hehehe.

what's a good car to start with?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    An Evo, naturally... :lol:

Take it easy, relax!

First Question: Did you turn the driving aids and assists off?

You can turn these off from your "Home" Screen (where you can see your stats and your car is shown parked in the garage) by pressing the start button to go to the car setting screen. Go to driver aids and turn off the ASM, and reset TCS to 1 or 0. This will make you faster.

Second Question: Have you got the "Driving Line" aid on?

In Practice mode, pressing "up" on the Directional Pad (not the Joystick) turns the Ghost car on/off... in license tests, it turns the "Driving Line" on/off. The Driving line shows you the correct path and where to brake. It's good help.

Third Question: How do you go off?

Do you find yourself understeering into the gravel? If the car goes in a straight line and refuses to tighten into a turn, you should go to the car settings (again) and turn off the ASM, or you should lift your "foot" off the "gas" in turns. If the car spins a lot, try not to brake and turn at the same time, and learn to countersteer. GT4 is more sensitive in terms of control than GT3, and it'll take some time to learn this.

Lastly, try starting out with a slow car (preferably a Miata or a Trueno) and use it to learn handling balance. GT4 takes some practice, but as soon as you are able to finish all the licenses, you should be good enough to win most races. Also visit www.gtplanet.net for more advice on tuning cars for racing, and on tips to beat some of those pesky races.

And don't worry, I haven't got all golds in the license tests yet either, and I'm almost at 100% completion.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    ayt thanks!

I understeer a lot tho and have to engine break a whole lot just to make turns. will do all of your tips but having just 10,000 from the start is a real bummer.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    ah, yes, understeer. It's endemic to most AWD cars, and it's going to be worse for old cars like a 92' Evo, since that one doesn't have all the electronics of the new ones, and chassis wear will cause it to be loose. Unfortunately, to restore the stiffness of the body costs 50,000 bucks.

It just means that you'll have to learn to slow down and turn earlier with the Evo, and feather the throttle through the turns so you won't understeer too much. Also, having a customizable suspension helps... play with the front-rear spring stiffness (leave the dampers at 8 for now, as damper setting is very subtle and hard to get right unless you are very very good with the car) till you find one that gives you more "snap" (brake or lift-off) oversteer. Hope this helps.

I didn't have the 10k problem... my brother started the game... :lol:, I just pitched in for him to finish the licenses (I was a GT3 master, had over 20,000km logged, not including free runs and arcade) when he had trouble with them. Then I got hooked.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    sayang, if you start 1st on driving mission sana you can afford evo6 tm for 16k..simple tip, try to modulate the use of accelerator, brake & steering like a real one..
    ser niky, do u think by using logitec wheel alike can gain decent lap time compare to analog..hehe
    o/t san kaya meron component video pang ps2 at magkano narin thxs

6. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    1 % palang ako. I can restart no problem I just got a FAQ/walkthrough and hopefully I can do the tracks in sequence

I think I'm better off playing Halo2 again tho. hehehe.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mr2 pede din sa start, tpus pag upgrade mu na i race mu sa MR challenge,

8. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    nitro..last resort..hehe

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    One really really fast guy on gtplanet has gotten a 4:48 on the nurburgring in a Toyota Minolta racing car (my best is 5:xx on an F1)... with a Dual Shock gamepad... with the wheel, he can get it down to 4:44...

I can't find any good wheels here... am trying to order from overseas. It will be easier to drive, but if you're really good already, you can still get good times on the regular gamepad.

Never use nitro... masyadong cheap... :lol:

Miatas are definitely the best beginner cars, easy to buy, modify and drive... you can drive them grip or drift style, depending on your preference.

Help with Gran Turismo 4