New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Okay yang nude sandals, ah. Kala ko may nude design yung sandals, yun pala talagang walang saplot.......... ang paa mo, hehehe.

Pero di siguro pwede yan sa beach or sa ma-lupang lugar. Pang concrete and in-doors lang siguro pwede yan, sa tingin ko. Any feedback?

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    OT: i hope someone can play jumping rope or do any other lively physical activity to see if this will really cling on! hehehehehe :peace:

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I got some on sale for only P700! Probably because it's not too popular anymore. But then again I saw some slippers there selling for more or less 3k?!?

Islander is still the best though
    Last edited by _Cathy_; May 19th, 2013 at 08:42 PM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    waley, ordinary tsinelas lang.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    chinelas ko havana brand, pero ang flag na nakalagay brazil.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    high lander na lang

matibay na mura pa..

meron pa nga ibang bumibili nyan tapos post sa fb eh..

pag bumili ulit ako kapalit ng highlander ko post ko rin sa fb

7. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    everytime pag dumadaan ako havaianas walang tao. Naglipatan na sa crocs.

446d547100000578-4894306-hopping_mad_australian_customers_claim_the_reliable_havaianas_fl-41_1.jpg

446d547a00000578-4894306-the_iconic_54_year_old_brand_built_its_reputation_on_durability_-42_1.jpg

'I've had $5 thongs from Kmart last longer': Popular Havaianas flip-flops slammed in online reviews after straps snap and footwear 'fall apart'
    By Nic White For Daily Mail Australia
    07:40 18 Sep 2017, updated 07:56 18 Sep 2017

- Customers claim Havaianas thongs are snapping at unprecedented rates

-Dozens flooded company's Australian Facebook page to complain

- They believe the reliable brand's quality has nosedived in past two years

- Claim pairs break in a few months or less and used to last for years

For more than 55 years Havaianas have been the trendiest and most reliable thongs - with a hefty up to $50 price tag to match.

But loyal customers are turning on the Australian beach icon as the rubber footwear appear to be failing in record numbers.

The Brazilian-made thongs are the world's most popular with 150 million sold every year, built on a reputation for being lost before they broke.

Dozens of hopping mad flip-flop fans flooded the manufacturer's Australian Facebook page to claim an alarming drop in quality meant they snapped in just a few weeks.

'I've always loved Havianas but have noticed the quality of them have become quite poor,' one wrote.

'I've bought two pairs in the last 6 months and both have snapped in the same place. I've had a $5 pair of thongs from Kmart that have lasted longer.'

'Having shelled out $60 for the last pair that lasted all of 2 months, I'm too embarrassed to keep going back to the surf shop for a replacement,' another wrote.

'I'm really disappointed that the cost of your thongs have gone through the roof but the quality has taken a massive dive,' a longtime customer wrote.

Numerous repeat customers claimed multiple pairs broke in a short space of time, and they had finally had enough of replacing them.

'I have had 3 pairs all snap in the same place over the last year. When I'm paying $40+ for a pair of thongs I expect them to last longer than a few months,' one wrote.

'[They cost] $40 a pair every time they break. And I mean 8 pairs in 2 years. I pay $40 a pair thinking I'm getting good quality thong,' another wrote.

'I've had Havaians for years I'm talking 10 to 12 years and in the last 2 years the quality has gone down hill this year alone I've had 3 pairs [break],' a third wrote.

The complaints were all lodged over the past 18 months and many of the disgruntled customers insisted the beloved flip-flops weren't what they used to be.

Havianas are 'crafted from a top secret, premium Brazilian rubber formula', according to the company, but many wonder if that formula has changed.

The company offers a six-month warranty if buyers hang on to their receipts, but many were so used to them lasting forever they didn't.

'We stand by the quality of Havaianas and as such offer a six-month warranty on all Havaianas products with proof of purchase,' it's website pridefully reads.

The company declined to officially comment, but its social media team indicated there was a big spike in complaints.

'Please note customer service has been inundated with enquiries and will endeavour to resolve your enquiry within a timely manner, thank you again for your patience and understanding,' they replied to a customer earlier this year.

They also denied a change in manufacturing processes or a drop in quality

'The quality hasn't changed, it has remained the same the whole time we have been in the industry. Thanks,' they wrote in February.

Havaianas thongs snapping after only a few months | Daily Mail Online

8. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    I really don't get the fad about haviannas. I rarely notice people wearing them. "wow haviannas ang suot nya, libo halaga nyan". Nope. Naalala ko few years ago pila sa labas ng store nila dahil sa dami gusto bumili.

I'd rather buy the duralite tsinelas, I forgot when I bought my 1st pair sa sobra tagal na. Mag 10 years na yata. And it only cost ₱150.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    maganda naman kasi tingnan.

Pero syempre importante ang tibay. Yan ang ikakabagsak ng havaianas madali mapatid.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Havaianas has been my family's go to slippers for the longest time.

From Nike/Adidas to Oakley etc.

although I seldom use one outside, except kapag katabi lang ng hotel yung lakad ko. o papunta ako sa pool/beach

hotel breakfast buffet lang longest time na pwede akong naka-slippers... nagsusugat kasi feet ko kapag masyado nang mahaba lakad.

minsan bumili ako ng slippers from Bench. kaso ang bilis lumambot nung rubber nya.

halos balcony slippers ko na lang sya ngayon since ramdam na ramdam mo yung tinatapakan mo sa lambot nung rubber nya.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516
Havaianas, meron na ba kayo?