New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    *architect

i just meant that while you affirm and truly believe the importance, value and impact of the scholarship program to the lives of your applicants, at the same time however, you reject those who are initially well qualified (because they turn out to be not selfish enough or adequately supported). this i just fail to reconcile.

i also would think that there could be some measure of fulfillment to the one imparting the skills if these applicants/scholars end up working in abroad using the same skills they have learned, maybe even regardless of how they decide to spend their hard earned money. my opinion only.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    My friends always ask me the same question about money I earn here in the US and my spending.
    I

[SIZE="3"]OT: kala ng mga tao sa pilipinas, porket nasa america ang isang tao, kala nila you are sleeping on a bed of roses. di nila alam, halos lahat ng sweldo nila napupunta sa mga bills.[/SIZE]
    ================================================== =========
    keep saying it's all proportional. Money here is easily earned but if you use it for daily living, there's still some left for you to save. Pero sa Manila, like my wife told me, she works and works pero cannot have something set aside to save dahil sobrang baba ng sweldo. She used to work sa call center which gave her PhP15k and that's roughly $300 for a month. Tapos bawas pa tax, etc. Ako I'm able to work in a small store for $400 a month plus my second job that rakes in $200 a month (which I still have time for, and I'm also a full time student). Time is not utilized well considering both traffic, how the people tend to get laid back and relax/lenient, and the "mamaya na" mentality.

Great dilemma is the market in the Philippines is product-based. The service, labor and pagod that Pinoys put out is not compensated nor paid for. Instead, they consider it part of the product.

Pero in the end, who profits? The manufacturers, not the employees.
    [SIZE="3"]OT: true: greed kci ang uma-andar sa mga employers kaya mga employees wala sila masyado kinikita kundi employers lang nila ang yumayaman. feasible naman talaga na pwedeng bigyan ng malaking sahod ang mga workers kung talagang ang gobyerno natin ay gagawa silang ng paraan. maraming paraan dyan na pwedeng gawin na taasan ang sweldo. kung ang gobyerno ay alam nila ang gagawin nila. anthing is concievable, kung alam ng gobyerno ang gagawin sa mga employers/companya. 'GREED' lang talaga kci ang uma-andar kaya ang standard of living sa pilipinas ay mababa. pero it's feasible na pedeng gawin higher than standard of living ang pilipinas. kung gawin nila ay by the income bracket ng isang employer or company. isang example lang ito; pero meron numerous ways jan na pede. Greed lang talaga kci ang umaandar sa atin eh!. ung tao nga nakapunta sa bwan eh. yun pa kayang taasan ang pasweldo ng mga workers di magagawa?[/SIZE]
    Last edited by Fast Eddie; August 22nd, 2006 at 05:22 AM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie View Post
    I
    OT: kala ng mga tao sa pilipinas, porket nasa america ang isang tao, kala nila you are sleeping on a bed of roses.
    onga naman. di nila alam, si Jon Bon Jovi lang ang may ganun

4. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    :rofl:

:fly:

5. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by tsupermario View Post
    *architect

i just meant that while you affirm and truly believe the importance, value and impact of the scholarship program to the lives of your applicants, at the same time however, you reject those who are initially well qualified (because they turn out to be not selfish enough or adequately supported). this i just fail to reconcile.

i also would think that there could be some measure of fulfillment to the one imparting the skills if these applicants/scholars end up working in abroad using the same skills they have learned, maybe even regardless of how they decide to spend their hard earned money. my opinion only.
    Masama lang ang selection process ni sir architect kung di napupuno ang mga slot. Am pretty sure sa ganyang free education e madali lang mapuno, so... why not give better qualified people the chance?

Sa mga less qualified... marami naman me kilala mga masasayang chronic japayuki... o no problem diba?

6. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie View Post
    [SIZE="3"]OT: true: greed kci ang uma-andar sa mga employers kaya mga employees wala sila masyado kinikita kundi employers lang nila ang yumayaman...
    Sa sobrang yaman sa kinita dito, nagsi-alisan sa bansa: Mattel, Japanese tech companies, Mobil, parts of P&G, Colgate-Palmolive, J&J, etc.

Bakit kaya aalis sa malaking pinagkikitaan?

Cool ka lang bossing. Walang magic na solusyon sa mga problema ng buhay. (Pwera humingi sa mga OFW... ahihi... sir M54 pede po pasalubong Marlboro reds US? Malaking tulong po ito... )

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^sige basta pasakay kay bandit ha :car:

8. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    ^Kahit i-drive mo pa... papunta AFO... o di ba? At least may kapalit...

9. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    dilemna nga yung kwento ng pinay sa korea.

but i wonder, hindi kaya yung attitude ng ibang mga breadwinners, eh, they encourage their family members to depend on them? alam ko medyo malabo pero, i know a few people who felt this NEED for being NEEDED. they will not admit it. they will deny it. but the thing is they derive a certain satisfaction when someone totally depends on them. kunyari nagagalit pero bumibigay din. it makes them feel important. it gives them a purpose. they need these dependents just as much as they need him or her. they look at this dependecy as the meaning of their life. so although it's rare, sometimes me kasalanan din yung breadwinners.

i'm saying this as I observed it in some friends. otherwise, the most effective way to stop the dependency cycle is just to say No! Kagaya nga ng mga suggestions ninyo.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    [QUOTE=CtrlAltDel;620847]dilemna nga yung kwento ng pinay sa korea.

but i wonder, hindi kaya yung attitude ng ibang mga breadwinners, eh, they encourage their family members to depend on them? alam ko medyo malabo pero, i know a few people who felt this NEED for being NEEDED. they will not admit it. they will deny it. but the thing is they derive a certain satisfaction when someone totally depends on them. kunyari nagagalit pero bumibigay din. it makes them feel important. it gives them a purpose. they need these dependents just as much as they need him or her. they look at this dependecy as the meaning of their life. so although it's rare, sometimes me kasalanan din yung breadwinners.QUOTE]

mahirap man aminin.... but sometimes it's true

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
The Great Dilemma of Pinoys Abroad