New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    in all sports...age matters....these people knew it....they're just after the money.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    It was plain and simple age.

I have no doubt, though, that the new multi-systems style is competitive with Gracie's type of fighting. Nowadays, it's more a question of how fit, flexible and adaptable a fighter is, rather than the style.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Parang Jordan na bumalik sa NBA yan to go one on one against LBJ or Wade hehe

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    i agree... twas like michael jordan's 2nd return from retirement. his body can't cut it no more.

also, fighters today combine (train on) different styles that makes it harder for old-school single-disciplined fighters to compete.

but royce sure was the 1st UFC hero/superfighter!! galing nya!!

ang lalaki pa ng mga tinatalo nya!! remember that there were no weightclasses before and the fights were pyramid-style, i.e 4 fights in a single day!, as opposed to today's one-fight/day lang ala boxing.

5. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Quote Originally Posted by Mguy
    Iba na ngayon kaysa noon time ni Royce Gracie. As I said before, Royce does not have his gi to create a choke in which he won a lot of his fights with. Sabay si Matt Hughes pa. Kay lakas lakas nun ngayon.
    ah but lately, all of the fighters dont use gi anymore because more often, the gis are used against the wearer. if i rememeber correctly, i think it was royce gracie who got pinned with his own gi, while his opponent, i think sakuraba, pounded him.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    matanda na nga si gracie. Dati mga 15 mins kalaban ata si shamrock walang timeout pa dati at iba ang rules

7. Join Date
    Sep 2005

10 years away from the octagon is way longggg time.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    sa mga ufc fans,alam niyo ba na may fil am fighter.His name is Brandon Vera (heavyweight div)he fought sa ufc 57 against Justine Eilers he knocked him out with a kick in the head at tsaka sa ufc 60 against assuerio silva he won via a choke.post fight interview niya sabi niya mabuhay ang pinoy. so we have a filipino fighter to root.check the interview sa www.ufc.tv.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    gracie is a 1 dimensional fighter. All the other fighters now train in BJJ, Muay Thai, boxing, Wrestling...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Gracie Lost...