New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue
    back in bible thread, we have concluded that religion/faith cant be proved/disproved by scientific means. for objectivity sake, yes there is need to verify the authenticity of this so-called gospel of Judas.
    Na-conclude pala yung Bible thread? Ehehe, akala ko nasapawan lang sya ni Inday...

Quote Originally Posted by oldblue
    but putting objective aside, and let faith come in. one has only to reflect on the meaning of this gospel of Judas. that alone is enough to determine that this gospel was written with divine guidance or not. and from the personality of Judas himself, makikita mo na very inquisitive sya on Jesus. he was asking about the spiritual world na and the future.

and if we will account the other four gospels, we and the whole world as well as the other apostles since the time of Jesus, branded him as a traitor but failed to see that Judas was the most repentant among the apostles.

acts of repentance of Judas:
    1. he returned the 30 pcs. of silver to save Jesus from condemnation.
    2. he tried to kill himself or killed himself for his master.

no other disciple had that courage.
    I dunno, I don't believe in doing bad (suicide) to fix another bad (betrayal).
    AFAIK, suicide is a convenient cop-out. Even the 'honorable' Japanese seppuku seems to me a cop-out cuz they can't live with trying to atone for their 'shame.'

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by flagg
    I dunno, I don't believe in doing bad (suicide) to fix another bad (betrayal).
    AFAIK, suicide is a convenient cop-out. Even the 'honorable' Japanese seppuku seems to me a cop-out cuz they can't live with trying to atone for their 'shame.'
    it's the thought that counts

3. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Hmm, sa bagay, I overheard this one time: "The only good thing in a suicide bombing is that there's one less suicide bomber."

Oop OT na sobra... Baka alien yung nagsulat sa Gospel ni Judas?

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    *rj tim: Thanks for the info! My mistake... I should have said "not much earlier" instead of "not earlier than a century".

But it still underscores a point. The earliest written forms of most of the Gospels were secondhand from the disciples of the disciples, and not exactly penned by the disciples themselves (Matthew's is still a sticking point, though). Theory has it that in their current form, Matthew, Luke and John could be from about 60 AD because of their anti-Semitic slant. This is because of the failed rebellion of the Jews around that time.

But it is true, most of the gnostic Gospels are further removed from the primary source than the "true" Gospels, and like I said, are more speculative and philosophical than the others.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Gospel of Judas