New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by ano727 View Post
    Hi all,

Am sending my child to UP (college) next school year, and as I'm not very familiar with the place, would you have any recommended accomodation place to rent which is walking distance to UP campus? Could be a condo, apartment or dorm.

Another option is to buy one if I can get one for less than P3M. Would appreciate your suggestions.

Thanks in advance.
    For UP Campus I think I would prefer condominiums rather apartment or dorm. Why? As per saying your budget your could afford your child to condominium which provides better amenities and security. Well it's still up to you and your child in the end so I suggest to start looking for places your child can stay and list them down based on how near it is near the campus, traffic hours, etc. Goodluck!

2. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    I stayed in dormitories inside UP Diliman for four years and stayed in a boarding house in Krus na Ligas when I reached my maximum residency at the dormitories.

As a UP student, it will be nice and convenient for your child to stay at a dormitory inside the campus so he/she can walk to his/her classroom or just take Ikot. It will also help especially if you're child is a probinsyano like me since your child will be in the same company as opposed to living all alone if ever your child gets accepted in Kalayaan Dormitory. Kalayaan, if many are not familiar, is a dormitory only for freshmen. There are programs within kalayaan dormitory that the dorm manager and the staff provides so freshmen can cope with the life inside the campus.

The dormitories inside the campus are very basic but that experience enrich your student life and you're well being, especially as a Iskolar ng Bayan.

If you want a more modern dormitories, I think there are new dormitories near Hardin ng Bougainvillea by the gate going to Krus na Ligas.

In any case, congratulations to you and your child for being a Isko.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by tristanchua View Post
    For UP Campus I think I would prefer condominiums rather apartment or dorm. Why? As per saying your budget your could afford your child to condominium which provides better amenities and security. Well it's still up to you and your child in the end so I suggest to start looking for places your child can stay and list them down based on how near it is near the campus, traffic hours, etc. Goodluck!
    Quote Originally Posted by remzam View Post
    I stayed in dormitories inside UP Diliman for four years and stayed in a boarding house in Krus na Ligas when I reached my maximum residency at the dormitories.

As a UP student, it will be nice and convenient for your child to stay at a dormitory inside the campus so he/she can walk to his/her classroom or just take Ikot. It will also help especially if you're child is a probinsyano like me since your child will be in the same company as opposed to living all alone if ever your child gets accepted in Kalayaan Dormitory. Kalayaan, if many are not familiar, is a dormitory only for freshmen. There are programs within kalayaan dormitory that the dorm manager and the staff provides so freshmen can cope with the life inside the campus.

The dormitories inside the campus are very basic but that experience enrich your student life and you're well being, especially as a Iskolar ng Bayan.

If you want a more modern dormitories, I think there are new dormitories near Hardin ng Bougainvillea by the gate going to Krus na Ligas.

In any case, congratulations to you and your child for being a Isko.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
    Thank you for your feedback and suggestions. Much appreciated.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    If there are no more on campus dorm rooms, you might want to look in the UP Village / Teacher's Village area. No real tall condos (yet), but there are always rooms and apartments for rent. Depending on which side it is, commute is usually walk or tricycle to Philcoa > UP jeep to campus. She won't have to deal with traffic, unlike Katipunan. Also very convenient if its near Maginhawa. She's never go hungry :-)

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ano727 View Post
    Hi all,

Am sending my child to UP (college) next school year, and as I'm not very familiar with the place, would you have any recommended accomodation place to rent which is walking distance to UP campus? Could be a condo, apartment or dorm.

Another option is to buy one if I can get one for less than P3M. Would appreciate your suggestions.

Thanks in advance.
    do you live too far for daily commute/drive, po?
    home is still the best, if it is not too far.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    mag hanap ka sa foodparks na sprouting all over sa maginhawa, sigurado yun mga banatay dun naghahanap din ng tutuligan

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by minicarph View Post
    mag hanap ka sa foodparks na sprouting all over sa maginhawa, sigurado yun mga banatay dun naghahanap din ng tutuligan
    i wouldn't choose a food place for a dorm.
    "too busy". won't be able to have peace and quiet.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Congrats TS, you must be so proud to have a child that will be going to UP. Matalino

Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    This is what my parents did. I wanted to go to Ateneo, but I was not allowed to take the entrance exam by my parents. But I'm thankful they forced me to go to a school closest to home Back in the 90s, I could still go home for lunch when I had a 2 hr break.

I did notice that my colleagues who lived away from home in college were more independent and had strong leadership skills. I guess it's good training to live alone at a young age.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    i wouldn't choose a food place for a dorm.
    "too busy". won't be able to have peace and quiet.
    may bahay kami dyan eh sa teacher village siguro yun iba nagpaparenta kasi dami tiga-UP naglalakad pag andun ako, pero I rarely go there na kasi I'm city person talaga, with my loft in the BGC area

10. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Not really far but because of worsening traffic, can be easily 1-2 hours commute to UP, which can be better spent on studying and getting enough sleep.

Perhaps after a year or so, we can re-assess the choices.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast