New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    basta ang importante sa school ay yung mga connections na ma-e-establish mo while you're there

those fellow students you meet in HS/college will be your lifelong friends and business/political connections in the future

so kids, tell your parents to send you to the best damn schools in the country

school where taipans and high level politicians send there kids
    +1000

You may also consider the religious order that your family advocates or supports.

OT: Does Xavier have a bond?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    observation ko lang

i know some kids who study in Xavier and St. Jude

mas well rounded ang mga Xavier students

i think it's coz sa Xavier mas balanced ang academics with other non-academic activities like sports

masyado nakatutok sa academics ang St. Jude.

St. Jude homework load is really heavy
    i do agree we had a heavy load at st jude but it came at an advantage na sanay kami sa loaded na trabaho and i developed the ability to memorize loads of stuff easily haha

i remember seeing a notebook of a student from xavier in our chinese tutor, nainggit ako sa dali and wished at that time i was studying in xavier, i can still remember the days when i get home at 1am coming from my tutor's house studying for periodical exams...i was 12yrs old

regarding sa outgoing naman, you still have college to develop it for you. SJCS alumni here also

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ans_lim168 View Post
    Agree with you there uls, this is my observation then and now:

4. The exams are more easier now, by that I mean the coverage, before when the last quarter exams will be given coverage is from cover to cover.

5. Now when you got a conduct C it's no big deal - Really ???Whereas before when you get this conduct, your a candidate for expulsion.
    hm im not sure if that is a good thing, we excelled better because we were doing double or even triple the work of other kids our age, yan pala yung naririnig ko na rumor na di na ganun kahirap st jude

Quote Originally Posted by ans_lim168 View Post

6. Haircut for boys is very strict before, when your hair touches your ear or eyebrow you should visit your barber or else the prefect of discipline will cut your hair for you (kawawang buhok). Now, I see the boys' hair are longer yet they are permitted.
    so wala na si mr gelido hehe lagi akong nagugupitan dati eh

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by miLes View Post
    so wala na si mr gelido hehe lagi akong nagugupitan dati eh
    swerte ka si Mr. Gelido, dati na one time ako si Fr. Tchou ang nag gupit. craters ang labas isa sa tuktok and one on each side.

my two sisters studied at ICA(sister school ng Xavier) and for some reason i got enrolled at St. Jude. and looking back, i envied my sisters cause i saw that they had lighter load and homework. SJCS during my time was too stressful for kids(at around grade 4, i was diagnosed with hyper- acidity), too much homework and the teachers were like gods; one false move...

as for the grammar and speaking fluent english or chinese thing... well to me it all boils down to each person, kung ano hilig mo yun ang gamit mo lagi so dun ka mas fluent kahit saan school ka pa galing. well i preferred sciences and math so my english and chinese got a little left behind...

haven't gone back to SJCS since i graduated, but when i was doing projects for the chinese department, i was asked by the chinese head teacher why i didn't study my chinese subjects... i just said... well it's all memorization, what we need is everyday chinese conversation, 99% of the words you teach us don't even make to basic conversation... she agreed and said we can't do anything about it, it's the curriculum...

for the quality of education... i think it's not just the school but the teachers they have. even if you pay 1M a year but have lousy teachers then you don't learn much.

as for connections... we did have a few classmates who are... well lets just say "born with golden spoons"... it's how you "connect" with them that matters

graduating from SJCS....all i can say is... Thank You SJCS especially to Fr.Yang, Mons. Tsao and Fr. Tchou and all my teachers...

* so mga galing SJCS dito are:
    1. ans_lim168(batch 90)
    2. wowiesy
    3. miles
    4. me (batch)
    Last edited by impulzz; January 17th, 2011 at 08:26 PM.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by impulzz View Post
    swerte ka si Mr. Gelido, dati na one time ako si Fr. Tchou ang nag gupit. craters ang labas isa sa tuktok and one on each side.

my two sisters studied at ICA(sister school ng Xavier) and for some reason i got enrolled at St. Jude. and looking back, i envied my sisters cause i saw that they had lighter load and homework. SJCS during my time was too stressful for kids(at around grade 4, i was diagnosed with hyper- acidity), too much homework and the teachers were like gods; one false move...

as for the grammar and speaking fluent english or chinese thing... well to me it all boils down to each person, kung ano hilig mo yun ang gamit mo lagi so dun ka mas fluent kahit saan school ka pa galing. well i preferred sciences and math so my english and chinese got a little left behind...

haven't gone back to SJCS since i graduated, but when i was doing projects for the chinese department, i was asked by the chinese head teacher why i didn't study my chinese subjects... i just said... well it's all memorization, what we need is everyday chinese conversation, 99% of the words you teach us don't even make to basic conversation... she agreed and said we can't do anything about it, it's the curriculum...

for the quality of education... i think it's not just the school but the teachers they have. even if you pay 1M a year but have lousy teachers then you don't learn much.

as for connections... we did have a few classmates who are... well lets just say "born with golden spoons"... it's how you "connect" with them that matters

graduating from SJCS....all i can say is... Thank You SJCS especially to Fr.Yang, Mons. Tsao and Fr. Tchou and all my teachers...

* so mga galing SJCS dito are:
    1. ans_lim168(batch 90)
    2. wowiesy
    3. miles
    4. me (batch)
    hehe madami pala tayong judenites dito, now i know who taught mr gelido how to cut hairs kasi uka uka din gupit sakin haha

6. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    meron pa pala school rivalry yan mga chinese schools, kala ko pera pera lang

7. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Saan ba located ang St. Jude?

I only knew of that school in this thread.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    St. Jude katabi ng Malacanang

9. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    4 of my thesismates came from Xavier, 1 from ICA, 1 from SJ, and 1 from CKSC. pero ang pipiliin ko kung may anak na ako sa SJ.
    IMO, the training or nurturing of a child or kid is better here than other school except UNO. True, xavier students are more flexible or more outgoing at sabi nga nun isa masmagaling talaga mag-english but i believe the foundation from SJ is better than Xavier. May college pa naman para matuto yun bata eh hehehe

HCHS alumnus naman ako

10. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by c_cube View Post
    HCHS alumnus naman ako
    Bakit may pa pokpok pokpok pa sa ulo? Di ka ba proud sa Alma Mater natin? Sa CAT (Citizen Army Trainning) Panalo tayo sa competition sa lahat ng Chinese schools including PCCR (Phil College of Criminology) noong panahon namin
    Last edited by Zeus; January 18th, 2011 at 01:40 PM.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Good Chinese School Near Shaw Blvd Mandaluyong