New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Expensive talaga sa Xavier kasi kung hatid sundo mo ung anak mo daming masasayang na oras either kakahintay sa kanya or sa traffic

Ung Chen Kuang okay naman, I'm two blocks away from the school. Mukhang matino naman and tahimik mga students. From my condo, tahimik palagi ang school na un. Pag ibang school grabe kahit maingay ung mga kotse rinig mo pa rin sigawan ng mga bata.

Ang malapit lang na bisyo sa school na un eh ung Breakr One computer shop the rest puro kainan na

2. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    My vote would go to ICA and Xavier. It's not ultra conservative like other schools yet it retains a relatively high standards. Plus it has a high number of student so internal competition is fierce (ulike other schools when top 1 means top 1 out of only 100) which makes good students really good.
    Xavier is the chinese school equivalent of the Ateneo.

2nd choice is St. Jude. It's very good although more conservative that what i want to be.

As far as chinese lesson go, they only need to know some basic chinese. if you want to learn chinese, they need to speak it at home and the chinese you learn here is barely usable in china anyway.

3. Join Date
    May 2004
    Actually its for my 2 Pamankins(Girl)... They are now studying at Jubilee... but the problem is 1 is pre school/kinder and the other is in Elementary... so they have 2 different location(E.rod and Aurora Blvd.) and different time. Then when time comes one will be elementary then the other will bi in High School so same dilemma(Different Location but almost same time) So very inconvenient. If Ika naman how much is their usual tuition fee there? St. Jude is out of the story kasi tama yung mga comment sa taas(Base on our observation).

4. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by lazyfoot View Post
    As far as chinese lesson go, they only need to know some basic chinese. if you want to learn chinese, they need to speak it at home and the chinese you learn here is barely usable in china anyway.
    Just like in cars, all stock is okay but accessories will make your car stand out from the rest of the stock models presented.

Same with the Chinese lesson, it helps to have a good foundation of the language. I remember I used to hate it a lot when I studied all those lessons but once I graduated I was able to go to China and Taiwan, the people I mingled with were surprised to know I was a Tsinoy reason "my Mandarin" obviously did not fail me during that time, I also traveled with other other students from Xavier-ICA, CKSC, Hope, GCHS and the like, from my experience St. Jude and CKSC are good Mandarin speakers.

So the lesson you learned here are usable in any Chinese speaking regions.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by 1997 View Post
    Actually its for my 2 Pamankins(Girl)... They are now studying at Jubilee... but the problem is 1 is pre school/kinder and the other is in Elementary... so they have 2 different location(E.rod and Aurora Blvd.) and different time. Then when time comes one will be elementary then the other will bi in High School so same dilemma(Different Location but almost same time) So very inconvenient. If Ika naman how much is their usual tuition fee there? St. Jude is out of the story kasi tama yung mga comment sa taas(Base on our observation).
    My niece studies at ICA, Grade 5 roughly around 100k to 110K to give you an idea.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    observation ko lang

i know some kids who study in Xavier and St. Jude

mas well rounded ang mga Xavier students

i think it's coz sa Xavier mas balanced ang academics with other non-academic activities like sports

masyado nakatutok sa academics ang St. Jude.

St. Jude homework load is really heavy

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    I would tend to agree with ans_lim168 re St Jude having a superior Chinese curriculum over Xavier's own standard program. However, Xavier has several study abroad (actually more China than any other country) options that allow the students not only to learn putonghwa more effectively but also to become immersed more deeply into Chinese culture. My older son went three times, my younger son twice.

As they discovered, it is not enough to just speak the language, you have to understand the culture as well to really appreciate it. The local Tsinoy culture is obviously not the same as the mainland Chinese culture. It is only by personally experiencing the latter that they learned to discover and appreciate part of their heritage - and this is something that no classroom education alone could have provided.

As for my own personal Xavier experience. I never really spoke putonghwa (then Mandarin) throughout my studies and always thought I was not fluent enough. But I was pleasantly surprised when I easily picked it up much later when I started dealing with mainland Chinese suppliers. I guess the "inferior" Xavier Chinese language curriculum was enough to allow me to build a sufficient foundation. Nowadays Google translate helps fill in the gaps.
    Last edited by architect; January 4th, 2011 at 12:43 PM.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    observation ko lang

i know some kids who study in Xavier and St. Jude

mas well rounded ang mga Xavier students

i think it's coz sa Xavier mas balanced ang academics with other non-academic activities like sports

masyado nakatutok sa academics ang St. Jude.

St. Jude homework load is really heavy
    Agree with you there uls, this is my observation then and now:

1. The school load like (homeworks, projects and researches) are not as hectic as they were before. The submission date is more flexible. On Saturdays, there is only 1 or sometimes no homework to let the family bond together. Before we use to have 4 to 5 homeworks a day including Saturdays.

2. The school adopted a family day on Sunday, this is where the faculty, parents and students engage in a one day activity like contests and games. Before this is was non-existent.

3.The school now encourages the students to join special PE like volleyball, badminton and basketball during our free day (Thursday). Unlike before.

4. The exams are more easier now, by that I mean the coverage, before when the last quarter exams will be given coverage is from cover to cover.

5. Now when you got a conduct C it's no big deal - Really ???Whereas before when you get this conduct, your a candidate for expulsion.

6. Haircut for boys is very strict before, when your hair touches your ear or eyebrow you should visit your barber or else the prefect of discipline will cut your hair for you (kawawang buhok). Now, I see the boys' hair are longer yet they are permitted.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by marg View Post
    Sorry, but St. Jude studes are terrible English speakers, are Nerdy, and Baduy.

And Xavier dudes are secure enough NOT to look at others differently. Man For Others is the Ethos that they have.
    You just contradicted yourself kiddo...

10. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by creepy View Post
    You just contradicted yourself kiddo...
    Sorry, but I'm from Aten-yo

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Good Chinese School Near Shaw Blvd Mandaluyong